Unable to Connect the Service

I've had Malwarebytes Premium (a 2 yr contract) for nearly 2 yrs and it has worked well, even after I upgraded to Windows 10. Now I can't get it to work. When I click on the icon, it cranks a few times and then tells me "Unable to connect the service." I got a service ticket yesterday, but I guess they are backlogged, because I have not received any help. How can I fix this? Thank you.

6 minutes ago, PAO said:

How can I fix this?

Let's start here. First, disable self-protection in settings. 

Next

Let us get a clean install of the current version.

We have another tool called MB-Clean which will automate the whole process for you.

Tool can be found at https://downloads.malwarebytes.com/file/mb_clean

1. After downloading the tool run the tool.

2. The tool will automatically clean up the older possibly damaged installation and will ask you for a restart.

3. Restart your system and then the MB-Clean tool will prompt you to re-install the latest product.

4. Click on "Yes" to reinstall MB 3.×.

5. Now you will have the latest product installed.

Please let me know if you are still seeing issues after the latest product install.

Edited by Porthos

Thank you. I have a busy day today but will do this--most likely tomorrow--and will let you know. And because I'm not very good, could you let me know how I disable self-protection? Everything else seems fairly self-explanatory.