I need some clarification on the difference between the following Enterprise Cloud options:

Malwarebytes Endpoint Protection

Malwarebytes Incident Response(IR)

In the policy you can't enable both options so I don't understand which one I should be using in the policy.  Do they both provide the same level of protection.  The IR doesn't load a separate process on my Windows 7 desktop.  Also the documentation indicates that the IR option is not signature based solution.

Thanks for your help.

Hi @jconger. These products are mutually exclusive. IR is for the remediation of an endpoint, it does not have any realtime protection features. Suggested uses are for scanning of known infected endpoints to ensure safety. Visitors to your office and their guest machines and your own user's BYOD computers. Another use is for the scanning of servers, where those servers may have unsupported environmental roles which preclude them from being able to run the realtime protection features.

EP is the full realtime protection and scanning suite. This product is our Anti-Malware, Anti-Exploit and Anti-Ransomware features rolled into one agent. Each piece is also configurable to be included or not if you want to customize the deployment. Speaking of which, and to bring up another point on servers, Anti-Ransomware does not support server OS, if you have server's you want to protect with the EP product, create a separate server group and in the policy you assign to that group, ensure the Anti-Ransomware piece turned off.