Purchase Internet Security or just antivirus

Hello I'm running Malwarebytes Home Premium 2.2.1.1043 and using Kaspersky Internet Security 2016.

My subscription to Kaspersky is due to expire in the coming year and I'm trying to decide if I need the suite offered in the Internet Security or if I can just get an antivirus to run with my Malwarebytes and still be just as safe.

My internet activities are: I pay bills on line; check my bank; research products on line (can be extensive); will be on line for college courses; and purchase products on line.

Also I think Kaspersky is a good product, but like others I've had problems with using it alongside Malwarebytes, yes I've read how to deal with the problems but I'm weary of it.

Opinions on other Antivirus companies that run smoother with Malwarebytes would be appreciated.

Thank you

MBAM is compatible with all AV's and if any issues, will be helped out, if specifics are provided.. And it seems, you are using older versions of MBAM, which is now in version 3 & kaspersky which should be in 2017..so, update the products and check their running..

Hi anth1225,

I must be somewhat careful here as we do not support one AV over the other. Kaspersky does well in the tests.
As for anti-virus or total protection. As far as I know the only meaningful difference generally is the firewall.
What to do depends on your knowledge about computers and wallet. I've read that the windows firewall works fine and that an additional firewall is not required, however, this requires that the user knows what programs may en may not access the internet. (I use tinywall to make the control easier) If you don't feel comfortable making these decisions I advise going for the total security options.

Emsisof Anti-Malware and Symantec Endpoint Protection have never given me problems with MalwareBytes. I did add exceptions to prevent MB scanning everything EAM does and vice versa.

I advise looking at av-test to look at how the different packages score in protection level. Most of them should work fine with MB. You can always test this by trying the trial version of the package you have in mind.

I hope this helps.

Regards,
Durew

Edited by Durew

Thanks Durew!  I don't know computers well so I guess the Internet package is the way to go.  I did upgrade to the 3.0 and I did it when I just bought my new computer.

I was running XP but now I've got Windows 10 and I like it. 

I liked my last computer, had it for 11 and a half years (Dell E510) but I got to say I'm really loving my Inspiron 3668