TomCostello

Protection Turning Off - Reappearing?

A few days ago, I began to receive notifications that my Exploit Protection was turned off.  I was unable to restart the Protection (the switch setting would always revert to "off").

I read through the complete thread from a similar incident that occurred this past May, and read the final details/resolution presented by the Admin.  

However, I am now having that same problem... and I am well past the patch/update that should have resolved the previous issue... so I'm guessing the database corruption may have reoccurred or reappeared.

I'm attaching a screenshot of my current version, patches, etc..

Malwarebytes Exploit Protection OFF - Current Config 21July17.PNG

Malwarebytes Exploit Protection OFF - Protection - 21Jul17.PNG

Hello and Welcome!

I would try the clean re-install approach as I don't know if you have done any over the top upgrades.  If you don't want to try the re-install (its a simple procedure really) then continue to step 2 and provide the logs so they can be reviewed.

Let's try this first.... (Malwarebytes clean removal tool will backup your license information and then re-enter the license to the new install)

1. Please follow the steps in this pinned topic to uninstall your current version of MBAM and reinstall the latest build - Malwarebytes mb-clean tool (NOTE: After uninstalling with the mb-claen tool you will be asked to reboot. Once you reboot it will ask you if you want to re-install Malwarebytes, you can select YES (it will download the latest version) or you can download the latest version manually (currently v3.1.2.1733 CU 1.0.160) to re-install from HERE)
  2. If that does not correct the issue, then please read the following and attach to your next reply the 3 requested logs - Diagnostic Logs (the 3 logs are: mb-check-results.zip, FRST.txt, Addition.txt)
  3. NOTE: More info about the latest Malwarebytes 3.1.2 HERE; MB 3 User Guide ONLINE; MB 3 User Guide PDF; MB 3 FAQ: Malwarebytes 3.0 - Frequently Asked Questions

Please let us know how it goes.

Thank You,

Firefox