[RESOLVED] mbams discrimination

Hi all

I'm writing here because I don't get replies when questioning Malwarebytes through e-mail. Perhaps they're not comfortable with the question.
So we resellers are bound to some what I would call unfair rules, such as not reselling using platforms such as ebay & amazon.
However, Malwarebytes like to turn a blind eye to those selling subscription licenses. I have been taking screenshots and have kept logs
of all removed listings and have noticed (clearly) that only lifetime license sellers have had their listings reported for copyright infringment.

But it get's better, I have also noticed that 2-3 lifetime license sellers never get their listings removed while everyone around them does get their
listings removed. So what is up with this discrimination? It's a no brainer that Malwarebytes will turn a blind eye to subscription sellers because
that obviously puts more money in Malwarebyte's hands but then this is discrimination and cherry picking certain listings to remove while others
are clearly untouched is also discrimination.

Could someone shred some light on this matter?

Thanks

Here are some examples, everyone around these 2 guys below have had their listings removed, however the first one has been selling for over a week and the second nearly 2 months:
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Malwarebytes-Anti-Malware-1-PC-Digital-key-Lifetime-version-3-1-2-NO-CDS-/263086515459?hash=item3d412da503:g:agMAAOSwB-1YzCBt
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Malwarebytes-AntiMalware-Exploit-Premium-v3-12-Lifetime-License-Genuine-/302359204090?hash=item46660350fa:g:YW4AAOSwK6RZG7ov

Edited by rawrabbit

23 minutes ago, achzone said:

Perhaps you're emailing the wrong support channel?  Though no reply at all would still be poor form on MB part if that is indeed the case.

Nah, Deffinately not the wrong address: malwarebytes@enforcements.markmonitor.com

They clearly just don't like the question because this isn't the first time I have asked, I've asked a few months back and got no answer then either, however, they were quick to answer any other questions. They claim in their reseller policy that you can't resell on those said platforms but there seems to be an unspoken rule and that is if you are selling their subscriptions. And there is another unspoken rule, although i'm not really sure what that one is because some sellers seem to escape mbams copyright infringment reports.

You are right, Malwarebytes doesn't have the power to manually delete listings, so they report them to ebay and if you speak to ebay they will direct you to malwarebytes@enforcements.markmonitor.com

I'm sure the "legal team" are busy picking and choosing - hopefully they'll cook up an answer because this is can easily become a legal matter.. lets face it, i have a lot of evidence on my side including e-mails which I am yet to talk about from Malwarebytes.

If you would like to take the matter up with the people who can answer it, send an email to legal@malwarebytes.com.  I have reported sellers in the past, though not lately.  There are very few legitimate lifetime licenses still out there, and a huge number of pirated/cracked installations.  Many sellers will sell hundreds of copies to users and provide one of a handful of keys.  They look legitimate, but the overuse of the keys would trigger license enforcement.  Some resellers have been identified as being legitimate, and as a result, are left to sell their goods.  None of what I have said here applies to any specific seller.  I am speaking generically, but trying to give you a bit of insight at the same time.

The problem is, before spending over $1000 on licenses I was told selling on ebay and other such platforms was ok, after spending $1000 and having my listing removed I was told it was a mistake and we can't actually sell on ebay. But what really annoyds me is they turn a blind eye to certain sellers, a very select few especially if they are selling subscriptions. It's either you can sell or you can't sell, there shouldn't be a select few who can and others can't when taking in to consideration that some of us are resellers and buy from authorized distributors.

17 hours ago, gonzo said:

If you would like to take the matter up with the people who can answer it, send an email to legal@malwarebytes.com. 

Hi

I have contacted them roughly 8 hours ago. Well I did an experiment, I relisted mbam I had it at $54, it lasted 2 days and was removed - meanwhile as I suspected there's those 2-3 others who are not affected, so I assume the reseller policy doesn't apply to them regardless of the fact they have bad feedback with selling that product and I have nearly 700 feedback at 99.9% (one complaint from those customers who are *trigger happy*). I mentioned above the 2-3 others, thats not including the subscription sellers. It's a shame Malwarebytes can't settle this issue in a professional manner and would rather ignore my requests. I'm registered as a business seller, I own a legitimate registered business and I purchase from alegitimate source and I have 0 complaints on all 3 selling platforms I use.

Malwarebytes has gone to the subscription model, all new licences issued by Malwarebytes are now subscriptions.

There are a few resellers who bought a large quantity of 'lifetime' licences when these were still available, these can still be sold legally are still being honoured by MB. (They must be sold to individuals, they can't be sold en-bloc to another reseller).
Of course the supply of these will eventualy run out.
Malwarebytes know who these particular resellers are, and that they are selling legal lifetime licences.

There are quite a few rogue sellers who (try to) sell you fake lifetime licences with false or duplicated keys.
These are the ones that get taken down.

I have also noticed that 2-3 lifetime license sellers never get their listings removed while everyone around them does get their
listings removed. So what is up with this discrimination?

It's not discrimination -
The "2-3 lifetime license sellers" not being removed will be the ones who still have legal lifetime licences to sell.
The "everyone around them" who get taken down will not have legal lifetime licences to sell, they are selling fakes.

Edited by nukecad

1 hour ago, nukecad said:

Malwarebytes has gone to the subscription model, all new licences issued by Malwarebytes are now subscriptions.

There are a few resellers who bought a large quantity of 'lifetime' licences when these were still available, these can still be sold legally are still being honoured by MB. (They must be sold to individuals, they can't be sold en-bloc to another reseller).
Of course the supply of these will eventualy run out.
Malwarebytes know who these particular resellers are, and that they are selling legal lifetime licences.

There are quite a few rogue sellers who (try to) sell you fake lifetime licences with false or duplicated keys.
These are the ones that get taken down.

It's not discrimination -
The "2-3 lifetime license sellers" not being removed will be the ones who still have legal lifetime licences to sell.
The "everyone around them" who get taken down will not have legal lifetime licences to sell, they are selling fakes.

My licenses come from an Authorized distributor, they are legal and I've had 0 complaints.. so we can wipe that one off.
I did buy a large quantity when I was mistakenly told that selling on ebay was allowed.
Yes they will run out, I am aware of that.
One of the sellers currently selling is new and recently purchased a bulk of licenses, I have spoken to him...
Malwarebytes has a reseller policy, you either abide by the policy or you don't there should be no 2 ways about it and sinse they are turning a blind eye it is discrimination.
There are fake sellers, However malwarebytes is aware of my company name, they authorized me as a reseller. So are you saying I'm a rouge seller and sell pirated licenses? if that's the case then Malwarebytes better start taking some court action, I'm very much up for that.

it is discrimiation, I am being treated very unfairly and I will remind you that I am being totally ignored by the legal team and customer support and the channel manager and marksmonitor and no one answers the phone.

You are basically telling me I'm selling fakes

I'm now seeking legal advice. No one from Malwarebytes would like to communicate with me. Lost over $1k because of misleading info, have been ignored and discriminated against, have kept logs of emails and screenshots of listings that have been allowed to violate their policy. And have a restricted account due to the misleading info which has damaged my reputation and sales.

Edited by rawrabbit

Read my post again,

I was simply stating the current situation, as I understand it, with lifetime licences

I am not accusing you, and have not accused you, of anything. (I don't even refer to you in my post just the general situation).

If you have entered into a contract with Malwarebytes and they are breaching it then sue them.

If you have entered into a contract with someone else who gave you false information the sue them.

PS. In any business contract what you are 'told' by a salesman means nothing, it is what is written in the contract that counts.

1 hour ago, nukecad said:

Read my post again,

I was simply stating the current situation, as I understand it, with lifetime licences

I am not accusing you, and have not accused you, of anything. (I don't even refer to you in my post just the general situation).

If you have entered into a contract with Malwarebytes and they are breaching it then sue them.

If you have entered into a contract with someone else who gave you false information the sue them.

PS. In any business contract what you are 'told' by a salesman means nothing, it is what is written in the contract that counts.

sorry, just a frustrated person going through frustrating events.

Markmonitor are a genuine 3rd party web monitoring company, and they do provide monitoring/reporting services for Ebay.

They are located in the USA, but may be monitoring elsewhere in the world.

http://pages.ebay.co.uk/vero/monitoring-agents-list.html

https://www.markmonitor.com/

Whether that email address you have is actually theirs is another question.

Sounds reasonable if you are making a report through Ebay itself, but it may still be a spoof.

They are nothing to do with Malwarebytes of course.

Stick with "legal@malwarebytes.com"  to contact Malwarebytes themselves about a legal issue.

It looks to me that it is markmonitor that is taking down your Ebay advertising for whatever reason.

Probably the best for you is if Malwarebytes can confirm that you are reselling legal licences with MBs permission.

You could then pass this on to markmonitor with a request that they stop removing your advertising.

I don't see though how MB could force them to stop taking down your ads, MB have no powers over Ebay or their monitors..

One note, When I became a reseller back in the day, Being a reseller meant to purchase at a discount to be able to resell in your repair shop to clients to make a profit. I was told back then not to sell on eBay or Amazon type sites as well. 

If you have that many keys why don't you call or email some repair shops to sell your keys to. I am sure there are some that would be interested.

But it is up to legal now.

• celee changed the title to [RESOLVED] mbams discrimination