Xmarks flagged as PUP ?

By the way ,

I can't find any information about " PUP.Adware.Heuristic, syncagentsrv " problem by Google ,

also i had use Emsisoft、Zemana AtiMalware、Malwarebytes Premium、HitmanPro ,

those security tool all tell me my system is safe , and do not detected any adware about " Heuristic " ,

is this an other false alert , too ?

Thx .

6 hours ago, fr33tux said:

Hello,

The database has been updated several times since the one you used. Do you have a proxy set up?

Hi there. I didn't realize it was on but yes I did. I disabled it (it's a FF add-on) and rebooted my system, then ran AdwCleaner again but it is still showing the same thing. Is there something further I need to do?

AdwCleaner[S60].txt

10 hours ago, fr33tux said:

Hello,

The database has been updated several times since the one you used. Do you have a proxy set up?

No i don't .

I am sure i am using the newest version ( with 7.0.1.0 )

Ater i saw your post , i recheck the scan report ,

and it say :

=================

# AdwCleaner 7.0.1.0 - Logfile created on Mon Jul 24 09:30:17 2017
# Updated on 2017/05/08 by Malwarebytes
# Database: 07-16-2017.1
# Running on Windows 10 Home (X64)
# Mode: scan
# Support: https://www.malwarebytes.com/support

***** [ Services ] *****

PUP.Adware.Heuristic, syncagentsrv

***** [ Firefox (and derivatives) ] *****

Plugin found: Xmarks - Todd Agulnick

==================

Dear fr33tux

did  " PUP.Adware.Heuristic, syncagentsrv "

is a false alert , too ?

Edited by KevinYu0504

3 hours ago, fr33tux said:

Thanks.

Can you retry:

-> https://toolslib.net/downloads/viewdownload/1-adwcleaner/files/1019/

Please click on [Cancel] if you're prompted for an update.

Dear fr33tux

Thanks for your reply ,

I use your link to download the program , and Indeed ask me for update , and i press " Cancel " by your step ,

and scan the system , and everything was fine ,  no threat detected .

==============

# AdwCleaner 7.0.1.0 - Logfile created on Tue Jul 25 09:19:11 2017
# Updated on 2017/05/08 by Malwarebytes
# Database: 07-24-2017.1
# Running on Windows 10 Home (X64)
# Mode: scan
# Support: https://www.malwarebytes.com/support

==============

But the weird thing is , I open the program again , and it's the 7.0.1.0 version ,

the program tell me my version is too old , ask me to press " confirm " to download the newest version from official website ,

and after the website open , the version i saw on the website(also the file i download) is the old one ( 7.0.0.0 ) ,

what is going on :o?

--------------------------

By the way , i think i discover where is going wrong ,

The first time i using the 7.0.1.0 version , when i scan the system , the program do not update the database when the scan start ,

But this time , i saw a message under the program when i press the scan button , and it say " Update the database .... " .

I think maybe there is a bug or some error , so some of user their AdwCleaner can't correct update the database ,

so the AdwClean have to use old database to scan , so that is why still detected some false alert .

Anyway , thanks for your help ,

i rescan my system few times and there is no more false alert anymore :)

Best regards,

Kevin Yu

Edited by KevinYu0504

• Staff

Hello,

8 hours ago, KevinYu0504 said:

But the weird thing is , I open the program again , and it's the 7.0.1.0 version ,

the program tell me my version is too old , ask me to press " confirm " to download the newest version from official website ,

and after the website open , the version i saw on the website(also the file i download) is the old one ( 7.0.0.0 ) ,

what is going on :o?

The v7.0.1.0 is still in beta, and the update mechanism only advertise stable versions for now, that's why you get an update prompt when you use the v7.0.1.0 beta. Simply click on [Cancel] and the scan process will continue with the current version, without requiring any update.

8 hours ago, KevinYu0504 said:

I think maybe there is a bug or some error , so some of user their AdwCleaner can't correct update the database ,

so the AdwClean have to use old database to scan , so that is why still detected some false alert .

If there is any issue with the update process, AdwCleaner will use the bundled database which still contain older detections for the v7.0.1.0, that's why you may see already-fixed FPs in this case.

Thanks,

On 2017/7/26 at 1:49 AM, fr33tux said:

Hello,

The v7.0.1.0 is still in beta, and the update mechanism only advertise stable versions for now, that's why you get an update prompt when you use the v7.0.1.0 beta. Simply click on [Cancel] and the scan process will continue with the current version, without requiring any update.

If there is any issue with the update process, AdwCleaner will use the bundled database which still contain older detections for the v7.0.1.0, that's why you may see already-fixed FPs in this case.

Thanks,

Thanks for your explain :)