AdwCleaner 7.0.0 crashes

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Using the version linked to above and hitting "cancel" to the newer version update prompt works on my Win10 64-bit system.  It ran fine w/o any blue screen.

BTW, the "*.azurewebsites.net" blocked message I kept getting was reported as a false positive and Malwarebytes has fixed that issue.

Edited by sherrb1158

Thank you I ran. I make an observation, although it can be done deselecting the options to eliminate, should be the possibility as with antivirus, to exclude programs that are identified in some cases as false positives.

I have three computers, but they are one with Windows 10 that was the one that gave me problems in the other two I have Windows 7 in them no problems. But with the recommended download no longer gave problems.

You do have the option to exclude them, but I had no way of knowing that it was a false positive and it was not a link I was explicitly clicking on .... it was program generated, I believe they said from a Dell service module, in fact I was getting the blocked message even when all internet browsers were closed, and I wouldn't want that transmission going through without validation from Malwarebytes that it was a false positive.  These viruses can hijack the most seemingly innocuous functions on your system and turn your life into a living hell.  Malwarebytes has saved me more times than I could count .... I'll take a false positive once in a blue moon over a trashed system.  An error or the side of caution beats the heck out of fdisking your hard drives and reinstalling your whole system, right?  ; =}

• Staff

Hello,

The whitelist feature will be implemented in an upcoming minor release (not the v7.0.1.0 though).

11 hours ago, grunte said:

I ran it but it stopped working in during the heuristic analysis.  Right after rejecting the update it disappears.  Attached is a debug log.

Thanks for providing this, I'm getting back to you very soon by PM.

I have used AdwareCleaner for years also. Everything worked fine until V7.0.0.0. Using this version (prior version was fine) I get a blue screen on my Dell when trying to clean the error(s).  I used the beta 7.0.1.0 link on this board and it work flawlessly. Attached is one of the 7.0.0.0 logs that gave me the blue screen. Again, 7.0.1.0 works fine and cleans fine with no blue screen.

AdwCleaner[S2].txt

1 hour ago, CarlosJ said:

Tengo el mismo problema. 7.0.0.0 falla en la última acción.

Utilicé el 7.0.1.0 que bajé de: https://toolslib.net/downloads/viewdownload/1-adwcleaner/files/1017/

Había hecho el debug indicado que adjunto

Con 7.0.1.0 todo funciona bien.

Saludos

AdwCleaner_Debug.log

Tuve los mismos síntomas con esa versión beta de 7.0.1.0. Como hice con 7.0.0.0

1 hour ago, fr33tux said:

Hello,

@grunte @CarlosJ I wish I knew Spanish but unfortunately I don't.. :) If you could keep the topic in English it would be much easier!

Thanks!

I have the same problem. 7.0.0.0 fails the last action.

I used 7.0.1.0 that I downloaded from: https://toolslib.net/downloads/viewdownload/1-adwcleaner/files/1017/

I had made the debug indicated that I attached

With 7.0.1.0 everything works fine.

regards
PS: I suggest google translator
 (not that difficult ..)

1 minute ago, scwatson said:

I am having issues with the 7.0.1.0 version as well. Here is my log. 

AdwCleaner_Debug.log

BTW, I am working through this website: https://malwaretips.com/blogs/remove-partners-cmptch-com/#browser. I tried to download hitman pro and it gives me a very similar issue. Fortunately, I think resetting my Chrome browser took care of it, but would like to run one of these to doublecheck. thanks

12 hours ago, scwatson said:

BTW, I am working through this website: https://malwaretips.com/blogs/remove-partners-cmptch-com/#browser. I tried to download hitman pro and it gives me a very similar issue. Fortunately, I think resetting my Chrome browser took care of it, but would like to run one of these to doublecheck. thanks

Hello, while using Adware Cleaner I have noticed that Chrome is much more vulnerable than other browsers. Almost everyday I found some kind of Malware always related to Chrome. This situation resurfaced soon after every 're-installation'  of Chrome, even if I deleted any trace of previous versions  (temp files, registry, etc).

Three weeks ago I decided to switch to Firefox and the nightmare disappeared. I had been a faithful Chrome user for many years, but now I am not sure I will use it again.

Thanks for a good work at Malwarebytes  !

Regards, VQ

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Downloaded adwcleaner_7.0.1.0.exe. Crashes every time.
OS: Windows 7 Pro, 64-bit.  Chrome Browser: Version 60.0.3112.113 (Official Build) (64-bit)
In adwcleaner, I set Tools > Options > Mode > Debug
C:\AdwCleaner\AdwCleaner_Debug.log attached.

Please let me know if there are any other tests that I can run to help you fix this.

Thanks!

AdwCleaner_Debug.log

15 hours ago, Stuart1 said:

Downloaded adwcleaner_7.0.1.0.exe. Crashes every time.
OS: Windows 7 Pro, 64-bit.  Chrome Browser: Version 60.0.3112.113 (Official Build) (64-bit)
In adwcleaner, I set Tools > Options > Mode > Debug
C:\AdwCleaner\AdwCleaner_Debug.log attached.

Please let me know if there are any other tests that I can run to help you fix this.

Thanks!

AdwCleaner_Debug.log

Could you try to run 7.0.2 version?