AdwCleaner 7.0.0 crashes

Hello.
I am a loyal user of AdwCleaner, and I love it.
However, an hour ago I tried to use my 6.XX version and I was prompted to updat to verision 7.0, which I did

After downloading I startyed the new version, but it crashes eveytime (see attached image), and I cannot use the older one, since it takes me to the newer version download site.

The perfect catch 22 situation.

What can I do?

I ma using Windows 10- 64

Regards,

Vladimir

adwcleaner7.GIF

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Windows 10x64

I am having the same issue with the signed release.  The unsigned version ran a scan and found unwanted PUPs.  I used the scroll right bar to see what they were and the descriptions disappeared.  Selected clean and it did it's normal thing.  The window popped up to reboot and after selecting the button it started closing apps and crashed.  The second time, it found some that were not removed, removed them and rebooted perfectly.  Since it crashed on the first run, the logs only show the 2nd time I ran the scan.  There were more PUPs on the first scan.

AdwCleaner[S18].txt

AdwCleaner_Debug.log

Screenshot_1.png

Edited by Maz73

Hi. Descriptions in the Elements columns disappear when re-sizing the window.

If you click the arrows on the left to expand the finds, the description/location will show under the Elements column. For long descriptions/filenames, I try to expand the window by dragging the side or bottom, and the Elements column hides over to the right. I have to grab the end of the Elements column and drag it over to the left so I can see what's in the column.

21 hours ago, fr33tux said:

Hello,

Thanks.

Can you confirm me that this version doesn't crash? (this version is unsigned, it's expected)

Thanks,

I experienced the same crash issues as @vladquintero with the official ADWCleaner 7.0.0.0 release.

Tried the unsigned version you linked above and it also runs fine for me, so I'm guessing it'll be fixed in the next official version.

If it helps, I am running Windows 10 Home 1703 (64-bit) Insider Build 16241.1001 on my Dell XPS 15 9560 laptop.

11 hours ago, fr33tux said:

@kirashi

Thanks. Indeed, I'm working on it. I may send you another build to test - I'll let you know. Sorry for the inconvenience.

For what it's worth, 7.0.0.0 is also crashing on one of my technician's laptops. I've attached the logs. The scan completes as expected, but then the application crashes upon attempt to "clean."

We don't necessarily need an unsigned version (I believe we can wait until the next stable release) but I thought the log files may help you during development. Thank you.

AdwCleaner[S0].txt

AdwCleaner_Debug.log

On 21/07/2017 at 10:17 PM, fr33tux said:

Hello,

For those with a crash occuring, please use this version and decline the proposed update.

@markron @gregb204 I'm still working on your crashs - I'll let you know asap.

Hello,

The latest release (7.0.0) and the one you gave in the quoted message also crash on my Windows 10 64-bit laptop.

I attached the debug log.

Thanks,

AdwCleaner_Debug.log

I just downloaded the latest AdwCleaner because of issues I'm having with an apparent virus that keeps trying to connect, and thankfully blocked by Malwarebytes (MWB) Premium, to *.azurewebsite.net, but it blue screen crashes my Dell and it takes two power re-boots each time to get my system back up .... which thankfully is still coming back up, but I can't fix the detected problems on AdwCleaner w/o crashing my system with "critical process failed"  .... and MWB Premium full scan found zero issues and MWB Junk Removal Tool (JRT) already cleaned the two issues it found.

I'm still getting the *azurewebsite.net outgoing blocks from MWB Premium runtime ... which is a good thing, as this is apparently related to the recent "ransome-ware" viruses.  The problem is that they are still happening, and I don't know what their creepy fingers are doing to my system in the meantime.  I'm just glad I was running MWB Premium, because McAfee doesn't see any frigging problem and the skies are blue at McAfee.

Edited by sherrb1158

I have years using the AdwareCleaner when I did not belong to MalwareBites and I never had frozen, now I use it in its version 7.0 and I come up with the surprise, some recommends using them paused the antivirus, or will be that it obliges to use Malware antivirus. ... Lamentable was very good program light and efficient. I will have to leave it to use in my Windows 10 after a year of using it and more than two years of using it when I had windows 7.