Advanced System Care

Solarsails

How long are you people going to continue to attempt to claim that ADVANCE SYSTEM CARE is some kind of PUP or TROJAN?  You absolutely need to put this disagreement, war or whatever you want to call it behind you and move on!  Malwarebytes is one of the only malware detection packages left that does so and the only reason that is anywhere near believable that you would do so is because you hold some kind of childish grudge against them.  OK, so we get it, you don't like them.  But this has been going on for years and its become old and worn out.  Furthermore, what you are doing, could easily be interpreted as UNETHICAL BUSINESS PRACTICES!  There are people out there who are not technically able to determine that what you are listing as a PUP or trojan actually IS NOT!  But those of us who are able to determine these things do know and it does not give a favorable or professional impression of malwarebytes, AT ALL!  We understand what is driving your disagreement with IOBIT, but the way you are addressing it is both immoral and wrong!  You're hurting your own name more than you are causing problems for IOBIT!   You're no better than they are, in fact many would say that what you are doing is worse!  Rise above it!  Stop the unprofessional war!  Stop the false positive detections!

WE KNOW ADVANCED SYSTEM CARE IS NOT A PUP OR TROJAN!  ITS ABOUT TIME FOR MALWAREBYTES TO ONCE AND FOR ALL UPDATE YOUR DETECTION ALGORITHMS TO REFLECT THIS FACT AND CEASE PLAYING THESE JUVENILE GAMES!  GET OFF OF IT ALREADY!

• Staff

Hello,

No, it is not a Trojan. It is a PUP which means "Potentially Unwanted Program".

Our Research Team has been monitoring this application for some time and has decided to add detection based on triggers against our PUP detection criteria.
https://blog.malwarebytes.com/malwarebytes-news/2016/10/malwarebytes-gets-tougher-on-pups/

The detection is correct and not a false positive. We will continue monitoring this application and if we notice a change in the behavior we will review it again.

If for whatever reason you want to continue using Advanced SystemCare, you can simply uncheck the detections and click Next after a scan with MBAM, and the prompt will ask you if you want to "Ignore Once" or "Ignore Always". If you Ignore Always it won't be detected any more.

• 5 weeks later...

I am in total agreement with Solarsails and have so stated numerous times.  Not only have uninstalled MBAM on my machines but also on those of all of my clients.  When this issue first surfaced, my phone was ringing off of the hook with very angry people.

Granted, you may have an actionable issue with IOBit but it is unconscionable and unethical for MBAM to involve your customers in your battles.  From the increase in MBAM ads, I would gather that you are suffering from a large decline in subscribers.  I am of the opinion that that will continue unless you cease this infantile behavior and go back to co-existing with IOBit.  What you do from a legal perspective should be performed behind the scenes.

Montana Bob