Account creation human verification tool

I finally created a logon for this website and now that I have done so I am strongly compelled to suggest that the website administrator do something to alleviate the EXTREMELY AGGRAVATING human verification tool that is used to verify that people trying to create new accounts on this website aren't some kind of AI account spam creation program.  If I could sum it up in one word that word would be MORONIC!  But the thing is I could go on for as long as it took me to create a login, which was a frustrating lesson in paranoid personality disorder!  Unbelievable.

14 minutes ago, Solarsails said:

"... people trying to create new accounts on this website aren't some kind of AI account spam creation program."

Hello @Solarsails and :welcome:

I am certain that Malwarebytes Corporation sincerely apologizes for that irritating inconvenience, but the simple truth is this, and many other forums, are the continuing target of Search Engine Optimizers (SEO) as well as spammers and assorted ne'er do wells.  The reCAPTCHA process has probably kept the numerous bots at bay and of course, its unintended consequence is your brief annoyance.

We hope the remainder of your experiences here will be pleasant and rewarding.  Thank you for your patience and understanding.

• Staff

I can only speak for myself, but I would love to be able to do that.  The problem is that with all of the various methods that we and our forum vendor use to alleviate spam, we still can only minimize it.  The reason I am answering your post here is because I am making the rounds looking for spammers.  Hopefully we will all be happier about this subject at some point in the future.