clicked unintentionally on an ad, nothing detected anything but..

hi, please, i need some mods to reply me:

this morning i was surfing www.surrenderat20.net and i unintentionally clicked on an add. then another page opened with a google logo, some phrases made up of letters and numbers and a notification window opened saying something like "you're the lucky owner of a samsung s7.." "ok" " deny"

i immediately went back. i have Malwarebytes mobile and Kaspersky internet security(premium) on my s7, but they both dindnt report anything blocked in real time and/or after complete scans.

i feel my phone is infected anyway, and i dont know what to do or what happened...

(im a premium mbam user since some years, i trust this company, please dont leave me alone..)

• 1 month later...

Hi ParanoiaBoy,

These types of ads are browser related. This is caused by the way most browsers handle redirections executed by javascript code.  Most browsers don't do a great job of preventing these redirects, which also cause ad pop-ups.  Advertising affiliates are aware of this, and exploit this weakness.  Even if an  advertising affiliate is shut down for using this exploit, they just come back with a different affiliate id and are right back at it.

The best way to block these pop-ups are to try a different browsers, disable javascript, install a browser with ad blocking (like Opera), and/or install Ad-block Plus.

If you encounter these pop-ups again, back out of them using Android's back key like you did in this case. Also, clearing your history and cache will help stop the ads from reoccurring.

As long as you didn't install anything, the issue is isolated to your browser and isn't of much harm.  Scanners can only detect/remove malicious apps on your device.  The scam was to trick you into entering personal information to claim your "prize", which you wisely saw right through :)

Nathan