MBEP - AntiRansomware issues

SecGuru

Hi,

It seems that the anti ransomware in EP does not work well. I tested a powerhell ransomware sample on Windows 10 x64 Enterprise. The PC was fully operational with EP, all modules were included in the policy. However, the files are encrypted.

The strange thing is that Malwarebytes 3 (home) and the Anti Ransomware 0.9 module in Entpoint Security, block the script, with these products, the files were not encrypted ??

Please find attached the prinscreens, the file(pw=infected) and the policy settings.

https://virustotal.com/en/file/7a6d5ae7d7bc2849ea40907912a27e8aa6c83fafd952168f9e2d43f76881300c/analysis/1500146992/

Has anybody else the same issues?

I have tested some other ransomware samples, these were blocked, but not this sample.

MBEP1-pc online.jpg

MBEP1-policy.jpg

MBEP1-ransom msg.jpg

mbep1-services.jpg

Readable Msg-j8k5b798d4.zip

• Staff

Hello SecGuru,

I am sorry to hear that the EPP client missed that. If the machine is still up, I want to have you collect the endpoint security logs for our team so I can take that (with the file you provided) to them to get tested and fixed. The easiest way to get these logs is to run a command into CMD:

C:\Program Files\Malwarebytes Endpoint Agent\MBCloudEA.exe –diag

You may need to go to the actual directory to run it so these can help:

cd C:\Program Files\Malwarebytes Endpoint Agent\
MBCloudEa.exe -diag

This will create a zip on the desktop called MBDiagnostics.