SecGuru

Two Factor Authentication - Malwarebytes Endpoint Protection Cloud

Hi,

It would be great to follow the general security best practices and provide the login of cloud.malwarebytes.com with two factor authentication.

Is this already on the roadmap?

Thanks

I hope malwarebytes adds this function to the cloud interface soon, I work for the county and we get state audited  regularly and we got a flag this year because malwarebytes didn't offer 2 factor Authentication and that was considered a security risk.

Greetings,

I just wanted you guys to know that this request has not been ignored.  I've logged it and will submit it to the Product team for review and consideration, though the final decision as to whether or not to actually implement it and when is entirely up to them, but at least your voices will be heard.

If you have any further comments, ideas, feedback or suggestions please let us know.

Thanks

On 11/2/2018 at 4:09 PM, exile360 said:

Greetings,

I just wanted you guys to know that this request has not been ignored.  I've logged it and will submit it to the Product team for review and consideration, though the final decision as to whether or not to actually implement it and when is entirely up to them, but at least your voices will be heard.

If you have any further comments, ideas, feedback or suggestions please let us know.

Thanks

@exile360 there was another forum post from last year saying that 2FA was planned for September/October of 2018 (https://forums.malwarebytes.com/topic/234461-2fa-for-cloud-console-login). We're more than eight months on from that - is there any update? Any public roadmap?

It seems silly that two-factor authentication is not an option to secure access to a security product. We're up for renewal soon and this one point has us seriously considering other options that take password security more seriously.

I don't have access to any internal documents/info so I don't have any updates unfortunately, and as far as I know they don't publish any sort of public roadmaps, at least none that I am aware of, likely because of the way that priorities can shift when unforeseen issues or requirements might arise (GDPR being a recent example, which likely took priority over pretty much everything since it is a government/legal mandate and compliance is not optional).  As far as this specific feature goes, I haven't heard anything about it but I did report the request/this thread to the team as I said I would.  They don't generally respond to me with any of their plans/decisions/roadmaps etc. so it's pretty much a one-way system.  I just report the request/feedback/info and they do with it what they will, though it does go straight to the Product Managers who are the ones that make the decisions for the most part so the right people are receiving it, I just can't speak for them regarding their priorities, roadmaps or decisions.