Malwarebytes service from 3.12 memory leak?

So my computer just threw a big wobbly as it ran out of RAM. After much waiting and flashing of screens I got to the point of being able to run the task manager to see where it all went, as I didn't think I was running anything problematic (at most one thing, but it has 32GB to play in). Turns out the Malwarebytes service had worked its way through over 5GB. My computer had been running for a few days, but all the same...
Any ideas on how to stop this happening again?
Windows 10 Pro x64
MWB Premium 3.12
After a reboot it's at 224MB (which isn't small but okay), although I am eating 15.2GB in total at present (intentionally)

MalwarebytesPremiumMemoryIssue.png

Hello and Welcome back!

Let's try and get some logs first so the team can review them and see if they can tell what may be causing your issues....

1. If that does not correct the issue, then please read the following and attach to your next reply the 3 requested logs - Diagnostic Logs (the 3 logs are: mb-check-results.zip, FRST.txt, Addition.txt)

Please let us know how it goes.

Thank You,

Firefox

8 hours ago, Firefox said:

Hello and Welcome back!

Let's try and get some logs first so the team can review them and see if they can tell what may be causing your issues....

1. If that does not correct the issue, then please read the following and attach to your next reply the 3 requested logs - Diagnostic Logs (the 3 logs are: mb-check-results.zip, FRST.txt, Addition.txt)

Please let us know how it goes.

Thank You,

Firefox

I was really looking to see if it was a known issue. Partly as I'm not posting quite that much information on a public forum without reading it all to make sure it isn't leaking anything that might impair my security. I'll have a read through the logs this evening (I did run them before writing the original post, but it's a lot of stuff).

Edited by Dr_Jon

Fair enough, there is really no personal info in the logs really.... and its rare that MB3 takes up that much memory, it usually has to do with a conflict of some sort, most of the time a clean re-install or adding exceptions to your antivirus program solves the issue, but without looking at the logs its hard to help.

That being said, you can PM the logs to a staff member such as @dcollins and he can have a look at them for you if you prefer.

I had a similar issue a while ago.

Make sure that the WindowsApps directory and any SystemVolume directories for Shadow copies and backups are excluded, otherwise MBAM just sits there trying to open something it can't open.

Edited by NeoBeum