I have been having a lot of trouble with Microsoft Office 2016. The programs take a long time to open if at all and then will not save. Sometimes they just hang on the desktop never to do anything. Sometimes I get application error when trying to open or save. I might remove a background from a picture and then want to save that picture but the program just shows a never ending spinning circle. This problem has plagued our computer for months and has been distressing both myself and my husband. We need to use office programs quite often - mostly Word and Excel. 

Of course we thought that Microsoft Office was to blame and I repaired it locally and then online - but to no avail - the problems remained. Then we thought that our windows 10 must be causing the problems - then I was looking at re-installing that.

We use the paid version of Malwarebytes.

Last night I was searching the Internet to see if I could find any help with this issue - and lo and behold I found these articles on your forum.

I did what was recommended and discovered why Office won’t work properly in Windows 10 – Malware Bytes is the culprit! Once I followed the steps 

Go to  Settings > Protection > Manage Protected Applications

Then turn all office apps to OFF

Now the Office Programs all work properly like they should do and used to in the past.

I am so upset and angry that Malwarebytes has caused these problems with office - we have found this so inconvenient and have been unable to produce needed documents. Why is this happening and why has Malwarebytes not addressed this problem and rectified it after being made aware of it? I have wasted so much time repairing Office and searching the Internet when I shouldn't have had these problems in the first place.

Not all of us are technical geniuses and would know to look through all of MB settings and understand what it all means - this program should work easily for any novice and not interfere with other software's functioning. 

Please let me know when this will be rectified!

Hello and Welcome... this was an issue with version 3.0.6, are you still on that version?  Also this has been corrected in the latest version of Malwarebytes.  Please download the latest version from the link below and install it.  Let us know if you still continue to have issues after that.

https://downloads.malwarebytes.com/file/mb3