This is weird. mbam premium 3.1.2.1733 reporting incorrect OS in the logs.

When I first installed mbam, it detected the OS fine (Windows 10 Version 1703 - 15063.447). Since then, each scan reports that I'm on Windows 8. I had a malware/hacker scare not long ago and after nuking everything from orbit, I'm hyper-aware of every little nuance happening on my machine so this may just be a bug report. I would like to make sure it's working correctly though so I attached log number 1, which was accurate, along with my most recent log which reports I have Windows 8. 

Please let me know if you need anything else to ensure I'm fully protected.

correct.txt

incorrect.txt

Edited by Druugefuel
edited personal info

Hello @Druugefuel:

The data produced by the Farbar Recovery Scan Tool (FRST64) logs may be of further troubleshooting assistance to Malwarebytes staffers.

1. Please do a fresh system restart to the NORMAL boot mode and log in as an Administrator.
  2. Please download FRST64.exe to an Administrator's desktop only.
  3. Single right-click the FRST.gif icon and select RunAsAdmin.jpg Run as administrator to start the tool in the passive reporting mode.
  4. If a Windows User Account Control (UAC) alert/prompt window for FRST64.exe appears, select the "Yes" button to continue.
  5. If a Windows SmartScreen warning alert/prompt window for FRST64.exe appears, select "More info" then select the "Run anyway" button to continue.
  6. When the FRST's (x64) GUI opens, left-click "Yes" button in the Disclaimer of warranty window.
  7. Please do not uncheck any Whitelist boxes.  Ensure that only the Optional Scan's Addition.txt box is checked.
  8. Select the "Scan" button and wait until the tool has run to completion.  (About 3-5 minutes or less.)
  9. The FRST64 tool should have written two log files to the Administrator's desktop (FRST.txt and Addition.txt) and will also open them with the system's default text editor.
  10. Close the two FRST text report windows and the FRST (x64) GUI window.
  11. Only attach the two (2) separate text (.txt) files to your next reply to this topic.

Thank you for your help.

If you meant the mb-check utility, here's a new mb-check-results from admin account. I see it reports Win10 on that but the REPORTS tab within the actual MBAM 3.1.2 program reports Windows 8 as my OS (screenshot also attached).  It also doesn't feel like it's scanning everything properly and the FRST logs in my second post above suggest the Anti-Exploit protection isn't working with Edge.

mb-check-results.zip

Capture.PNG

None of the scans were in Safe Mode. I posted this because since it's saying I'm on Windows 8, obviously I have some kind of weird config issue for a new, vanilla install of Win10 (UEFI, GPT). I wanted to confirm that it is indeed protecting the system from the experts. 1PW asked me to do a FRST scan, but I'm not sure he's been able to look at it since telling me to do so. There are some entries in the Addition.txt that seem like the Anti-Exploit feature isn't working with EDGE - although admittedly I'm not trained on how to read those logs. Specifically, there are several of these entries:

CodeIntegrity:
===================================
  Date: 2017-07-03 18:10:11.168
  Description: Code Integrity determined that a process (\Device\HarddiskVolume4\Windows\SystemApps\Microsoft.MicrosoftEdge_8wekyb3d8bbwe\MicrosoftEdgeCP.exe) attempted to load \Device\HarddiskVolume4\Program Files\Malwarebytes\Anti-Malware\mbae64.dll that did not meet the Store signing level requirements.

But there are other things related to MBAM in the logs that may or may not indicate an issue. Hopefully someone can shed some light as to why it would think I'm on an old OS and if I'm totally secured as far as mbam is concerned. :)