Can't get rid of BitCoinMiner

Hey guys,

i can't get rid of BitcoinMiner Virus, everytime i restart computer, the virus is back...It has infected the WinMSUpdate.exe or WinMSUpdater.exe!

https://www.virustotal.com/de/file/8787d5d5e0c52183b60769dca03087593870356af632adcabffc2acdfadbbd3a/analysis/1498790509/

Please help me to get this stuff away from my pc

Edited by sebflex

28 minutes ago, sebflex said:

Hey guys,

i can't get rid of BitcoinMiner Virus, everytime i restart computer, the virus is back...It has infected the WinMSUpdate.exe or WinMSUpdater.exe!

https://www.virustotal.com/de/file/8787d5d5e0c52183b60769dca03087593870356af632adcabffc2acdfadbbd3a/analysis/1498790509/

Please help me to get this stuff away from my pc

Addition.txt

FRST.txt

Hi sebflex :)

My name is Aura and I'll be assisting you with your malware issue. Since we'll be working together, you can call me Aura or Yoan, which is my real name, it's up to you! Now that we've broke the ice, I'll just ask you a few things during the time we'll be working together to clean your system and get it back to an operational state.

• As you'll notice, the logs we are asking for here are quite lenghty, so it's normal for me to not reply exactly after you post them. This is because I need some time to analyse them and then act accordingly. However, I'll always reply within 24 hours, 48 hours at most if something unexpected happens;
  • As long as I'm assisting you on Malwarebytes Forums, in this thread, I'll ask you to not seek assistance anywhere else for any issue related to the system we are working on. If you have an issue, question, etc. about your computer, please ask it in this thread and I'll assist you;
  • The same principle applies to any modifications you make to your system, I would like you to ask me before you do any manipulations that aren't in the instructions I posted. This is to ensure that we are operating in sync and I know exactly what's happening on your system;
  • If you aren't sure about an instruction I'm giving you, ask me about it. This is to ensure that the clean-up process goes without any issue. I'll answer you and even give you more precise instructions/explanations if you need. There's no shame in asking questions here, better be safe than sorry!;
  • If you don't reply to your thread within 3 days, I'll bump this thread to let you know that I'm waiting for you. If you don't reply after 5 days, it'll be closed. If you return after that period, you can send me a PM to get it unlocked and we'll continue where we left off;
  • Since malware can work quickly, we want to get rid of them as fast as we can, before they make unknown changes to the system. This being said, I would appreciate if you could reply to this thread within 24 hours of me posting. This way, we'll have a good clean-up rhythm and the chances of complications will be reduced;
  • I'm against any form of pirated, illegal and counterfeit software and material. So if you have any installed on your system, I'll ask you to uninstall them right now. You don't have to tell me if you indeed had some or not, I'll give you the benefit of the doubt. Plus, this would be against Malwarebytes Forums's rules;
  • In the end, you are the one asking for assistance here. So if you wish to go a different way during the clean-up, like format and reinstall Windows, you are free to do so. I would appreciate you to let me know about it first, and if you need, I can also assist you in the process;
  • I would appreciate if you were to stay with me until the end, which means, until I declare your system clean. Just because your system isn't behaving weirdly anymore, or is running better than before, it doesn't mean that the infection is completely gone;
    This being said, I have a full time job so sometimes it'll take longer for me to reply to you. Don't worry, you'll be my first priority as soon as I get home and have time to look at your thread;

This being said, it's time to clean-up some malware, so let's get started, shall we? :)

Do you still need assistance with this issue?

On 2.7.2017 at 4:13 PM, Aura said:

Hi sebflex :)

My name is Aura and I'll be assisting you with your malware issue. Since we'll be working together, you can call me Aura or Yoan, which is my real name, it's up to you! Now that we've broke the ice, I'll just ask you a few things during the time we'll be working together to clean your system and get it back to an operational state.

• As you'll notice, the logs we are asking for here are quite lenghty, so it's normal for me to not reply exactly after you post them. This is because I need some time to analyse them and then act accordingly. However, I'll always reply within 24 hours, 48 hours at most if something unexpected happens;
  • As long as I'm assisting you on Malwarebytes Forums, in this thread, I'll ask you to not seek assistance anywhere else for any issue related to the system we are working on. If you have an issue, question, etc. about your computer, please ask it in this thread and I'll assist you;
  • The same principle applies to any modifications you make to your system, I would like you to ask me before you do any manipulations that aren't in the instructions I posted. This is to ensure that we are operating in sync and I know exactly what's happening on your system;
  • If you aren't sure about an instruction I'm giving you, ask me about it. This is to ensure that the clean-up process goes without any issue. I'll answer you and even give you more precise instructions/explanations if you need. There's no shame in asking questions here, better be safe than sorry!;
  • If you don't reply to your thread within 3 days, I'll bump this thread to let you know that I'm waiting for you. If you don't reply after 5 days, it'll be closed. If you return after that period, you can send me a PM to get it unlocked and we'll continue where we left off;
  • Since malware can work quickly, we want to get rid of them as fast as we can, before they make unknown changes to the system. This being said, I would appreciate if you could reply to this thread within 24 hours of me posting. This way, we'll have a good clean-up rhythm and the chances of complications will be reduced;
  • I'm against any form of pirated, illegal and counterfeit software and material. So if you have any installed on your system, I'll ask you to uninstall them right now. You don't have to tell me if you indeed had some or not, I'll give you the benefit of the doubt. Plus, this would be against Malwarebytes Forums's rules;
  • In the end, you are the one asking for assistance here. So if you wish to go a different way during the clean-up, like format and reinstall Windows, you are free to do so. I would appreciate you to let me know about it first, and if you need, I can also assist you in the process;
  • I would appreciate if you were to stay with me until the end, which means, until I declare your system clean. Just because your system isn't behaving weirdly anymore, or is running better than before, it doesn't mean that the infection is completely gone;
    This being said, I have a full time job so sometimes it'll take longer for me to reply to you. Don't worry, you'll be my first priority as soon as I get home and have time to look at your thread;

This being said, it's time to clean-up some malware, so let's get started, shall we? :)

Do you still need assistance with this issue?

Yes

Good. I'm going to bed right now since it is quite late here, but I'll put together a fix for you tomorrow morning.

Meanwhile, if you have time (if you don't, it's fine), can you run a new FRST scan and provide me a fresh set of logs? I prefer working with logs as fresh as possible. If not, I'll use the ones you provided last Friday.

Thank you.

Alright, follow the instructions below.

iO3R662.pngFarbar Recovery Scan Tool (FRST) - Fix mode
Follow the instructions below to execute a fix on your system using FRST, and provide the log in your next reply.

• Download the attached fixlist.txt file, and save it on your Desktop (or wherever your FRST.exe/FRST64.exe executable is located);
  • Right-click on the FRST executable and select Spcusrh.pngRun as Administrator (for Windows Vista, 7, 8, 8.1 and 10 users);
  • Click on the Fix button;
    NYA5Cbr.png
  • On completion, a message will come up saying that the fix has been completed and it'll open a log in Notepad;
  • Copy and paste its content in your next reply;

fixlist.txt

Entferungsergebnis von Farbar Recovery Scan Tool (x64) Version: 04-07-2017
durchgeführt von sebas (05-07-2017 14:42:27) Run:1
Gestartet von C:\Users\sebas\Downloads
Geladene Profile: sebas (Verfügbare Profile: sebas)
Start-Modus: Normal
==============================================

fixlist Inhalt:
CloseProcesses:
CreateRestorePoint:

HKU\S-1-5-21-3152681954-642030058-311187522-1001\...\Run: [WinMSUpdate] => C:\Users\sebas\AppData\Roaming\WinMSUP\WinMSUpdater.exe [5120 2017-07-03] (Microsoft)

HKU\S-1-5-21-3152681954-642030058-311187522-1001\...\StartupApproved\Run: => "WinMSUpdate"

C:\Users\sebas\AppData\Roaming\WinMSUP

EmptyTemp:

Prozesse erfolgreich geschlossen.
Wiederherstellungspunkt wurde erfolgreich erstellt.
HKU\S-1-5-21-3152681954-642030058-311187522-1001\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run\\WinMSUpdate => Wert erfolgreich entfernt
HKU\S-1-5-21-3152681954-642030058-311187522-1001\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\StartupApproved\Run\\WinMSUpdate => Wert erfolgreich entfernt
HKU\S-1-5-21-3152681954-642030058-311187522-1001\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run\\WinMSUpdate => Wert nicht gefunden.
C:\Users\sebas\AppData\Roaming\WinMSUP => erfolgreich verschoben

=========== EmptyTemp: ==========

BITS transfer queue => 7888896 B
DOMStore, IE Recovery, AppCache, Feeds Cache, Thumbcache, IconCache => 53496489 B
Java, Flash, Steam htmlcache => 492 B
Windows/system/drivers => 1345524 B
Edge => 826 B
Chrome => 24714502 B
Firefox => 8600580 B
Opera => 0 B

Temp, IE cache, history, cookies, recent:
Default => 0 B
Users => 0 B
ProgramData => 0 B
Public => 0 B
systemprofile32 => 128 B
LocalService => 0 B
NetworkService => 3726 B
sebas => 94019165 B

RecycleBin => 0 B
EmptyTemp: => 181.3 MB temporäre Dateien entfernt.

================================

Das System musste neu gestartet werden.

==== Ende von Fixlog 14:42:35 ====

Edited by sebflex

So something is creating it. Since Malwarebytes detects it, let's see if it can detect what drops it on your system as well.

j1Bynr2.pngMalwarebytes - Clean Mode

• Download and install the free version of Malwarebytes
    Note: If you have Malwarebytes already installed, you don't need to install it again. Simply start from the next bullet point;
  • Once Malwarebytes is installed, launch it and let it update his database. You might have to click on the little arrow by Scan Status in the middle right pane for it to do so;
  • Once the database update is complete, click on the Scan tab, then select the Threat Scan button and click on Start Scan;
  • Let the scan run, the time required to complete the scan depends of your system and computer specs;
  • Once the scan is complete, make sure that the first checkbox at the top is checked (which will automatically check every detected item), then click on the Quarantine Selected button;
    • If it asks you to restart your computer to complete the removal, do so;
  • Click on Export Summary after the deletion (in the bottom-left corner) and select Copy to Clipboard. Paste the content in your next reply;

All in the same folder...

Malwarebytes
www.malwarebytes.com

-Log Details-
Scan Date: 7/8/17
Scan Time: 10:42 AM
Log File: 
Administrator: Yes

-Software Information-
Version: 3.1.2.1733
Components Version: 1.0.160
Update Package Version: 1.0.2317
License: Trial

-System Information-
CPU: x64
File System: NTFS
User: DESKTOP-PC1VFG6\sebas

-Scan Summary-
Scan Type: Threat Scan
Result: Completed
Objects Scanned: 356648
Threats Detected: 13
Threats Quarantined: 13
Time Elapsed: 2 min, 44 sec

-Scan Options-
Memory: Enabled
Startup: Enabled
Filesystem: Enabled
Archives: Enabled
Rootkits: Enabled
Heuristics: Enabled
PUP: Enabled
PUM: Enabled

-Scan Details-
Process: 0
(No malicious items detected)

Module: 0

Registry Key: 0

Registry Value: 1
RiskWare.BitCoinMiner, HKU\S-1-5-21-3152681954-642030058-311187522-1001\SOFTWARE\MICROSOFT\WINDOWS\CURRENTVERSION\RUN|WinMSUpdate, Quarantined, [112], [412574],1.0.2317

Registry Data: 0

Data Stream: 0

Folder: 1
RiskWare.BitCoinMiner, C:\USERS\SEBAS\APPDATA\ROAMING\WinMSUP, Quarantined, [112], [412574],1.0.2317

File: 11
RiskWare.BitCoinMiner, C:\Users\sebas\AppData\Roaming\WinMSUP\cpu_tromp_AVX.dll, Quarantined, [112], [412574],1.0.2317
RiskWare.BitCoinMiner, C:\Users\sebas\AppData\Roaming\WinMSUP\cpu_tromp_SSE2.dll, Quarantined, [112], [412574],1.0.2317
RiskWare.BitCoinMiner, C:\Users\sebas\AppData\Roaming\WinMSUP\cudart32_75.dll, Quarantined, [112], [412574],1.0.2317
RiskWare.BitCoinMiner, C:\Users\sebas\AppData\Roaming\WinMSUP\cudart32_80.dll, Quarantined, [112], [412574],1.0.2317
RiskWare.BitCoinMiner, C:\Users\sebas\AppData\Roaming\WinMSUP\cudart64_75.dll, Quarantined, [112], [412574],1.0.2317
RiskWare.BitCoinMiner, C:\Users\sebas\AppData\Roaming\WinMSUP\cudart64_80.dll, Quarantined, [112], [412574],1.0.2317
RiskWare.BitCoinMiner, C:\Users\sebas\AppData\Roaming\WinMSUP\cuda_djezo.dll, Quarantined, [112], [412574],1.0.2317
RiskWare.BitCoinMiner, C:\Users\sebas\AppData\Roaming\WinMSUP\cuda_tromp.dll, Quarantined, [112], [412574],1.0.2317
RiskWare.BitCoinMiner, C:\Users\sebas\AppData\Roaming\WinMSUP\cuda_tromp_75.dll, Quarantined, [112], [412574],1.0.2317
RiskWare.BitCoinMiner, C:\Users\sebas\AppData\Roaming\WinMSUP\WinMSUpdate.exe, Quarantined, [112], [412574],1.0.2317
RiskWare.BitCoinMiner, C:\Users\sebas\AppData\Roaming\WinMSUP\WinMSUpdater.exe, Quarantined, [112], [412574],1.0.2317

Physical Sector: 0

(end)

Edited by sebflex

Let's give it a try. Because if it reappears without a restart, I might be able to see how it gets created. Delete the following folder:

C:\USERS\SEBAS\APPDATA\ROAMING\WinMSUP

You might have to terminate the WinMSUpdate.exe and WinMSUpdater.exe processes in order to do so. Then leave the Task Manager open, and let me know if these processes comeback within an hour of their deletion.

Follow the instructions in my previous post please.

Also, I don't see any "WinMSUpdate" in any clear strings in the log you provided me. I know there are Registry entries for it, but even if we delete them right now, they'll comeback. We need to find what's dropping that miner over and over on your system first.

22 hours ago, Aura said:

Follow the instructions in my previous post please.

Also, I don't see any "WinMSUpdate" in any clear strings in the log you provided me. I know there are Registry entries for it, but even if we delete them right now, they'll comeback. We need to find what's dropping that miner over and over on your system first.

I deleted the folder like you said in your previous post, but i can't see that the process returns in task manager. Like i said it comes back after restart, the process and the folder

Edited by sebflex

Okay, follow the instructions below.

sUc2qjf.pngAutoruns - Start-up Entries
Follow the instructions below to give me an Autoruns log containing your start-up entries:

• Download Autoruns.zip from the Sysinternals Suite webpage;
  • Extract the content of the Autoruns.zip folder where you want, then go in the folder, right-click on Autoruns.exe and select Run as Administrator;
  • Accept the EULA on opening, then wait for all the entries to load;
  • Click on File then Save and save the file to a location easily accessible as a .arn (Autoruns) file;
  • Right-click on the .arn file, select Send to then Compressed (.zip) folder;
  • Attach that file in your next reply;