Impossible to install Malwarebytes 3.0

27 minutes ago, Ber974 said:

Runtime error (at 49:120) when try to install.

As for your issue, can you please follow the instructions below and let me know if it resolves the issue for you?

1. Press Windows Key + R to bring up the run dialog
  2. In the dialog window, type certmgr.msc and click Ok
  3. In the window that comes up, on the left side, double click Untrusted Certificates so you can see the folders beneath it
  4. If a Certificate folder exists, click it
  5. Delete any certificates on the right side of the window that have Malwarebytes in the name
  6. Reboot and attempt a reinstall

If you don't have any Malwarebytes certificates there, please gather the logs requested

• Create and obtain an mb-check log
    1. Download MB-Check and save to your desktop
    2. Double-click to run MB-Check and within a few second the command window will open, then click "OK" 
    3. This will produce one log file on your desktop: mb-check-results.zip
      • Attach this file to your forum post by clicking on the "Drag files here to attach, or choose files..." or simply drag the file to the attachment area
  • Create and obtain Farbar Recovery Scan Tool (FRST) logs
    1. Download FRST and save it to your desktop
      Note: You need to run the version compatible with your system. You can check here if you're not sure if your computer is 32-bit or 64-bit
    2. Double-click to run FRST and when the tool opens click "Yes" to the disclaimer
    3. Press the "Scan" button
    4. This will produce two files in the same location (directory) as FRST: FRST.txt and Addition.txt
      • Attach both of these logs to your forum post by clicking on the "Drag files here to attach, or choose files..." or simply drag the files to the attachment area

Please consider selecting the "Follow/Following" button, near the upper-right corner of your topic, to receive timely email notifications about updates to your topic.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello

Really? The previous versions have worked perfectly on the RAMDisk since the initial installation more than one year ago, with many successfull updates. Do you think this is a problem with the latest releases of version 3? Anyway I had already tried to uninstall everything and install on disk C, it had not worked either. Is there a solution for me? In the worst case I can continue with version 2 who is ok, but is it possible to stop the reminders of new version 3 while keeping the updates of definitions automatic?

1 hour ago, Ber974 said:

Do you think this is a problem with the latest releases of version 3?

Yes, Ver 3 is different and was built from the ground up with many new features and protections.

1 hour ago, Ber974 said:

Is there a solution for me?

Take your temp folders off the ramdisk.

1 hour ago, Ber974 said:

In the worst case I can continue with version 2 who is ok

But it has reached end of life and not supported anymore.

Hello

Thank you for help, i feel we progress.

I unintalled all,I moved temp folders on C: drive and this time the installation worked. But after impossible to open the program, i have icons and system tray but they don't open anything. What can i do more?

I have nothing against new features but i prefer when it work.

• Root Admin

Please try to reinstall over the top of your current installation with the latest build again and reboot. Let us know if that works or not.

https://downloads.malwarebytes.com/file/mb3/

If it's still not starting then please run FRST again and post back new logs

Thanks

Ron

• Root Admin

Glad we could help. :)If you need this topic reopened, please send a Private Message to any one of the moderating team members. Please include a link to this thread with your request. This applies only to the originator of this thread.Other members who need assistance please start your own topic in a new thread. Thanks!