So I recently upgraded to MBAM 3.1.2 and ever since then I've tried to click on my license and it shows some error message saying "Unable to contact license server. Check your network connection or contact your system administrator for help". I am my system administrator and I have no clue how to fix this issue. I've tried reinstalling and it didn't work. I didn't recieve this issue back in the 3.0.6 update (i think it was)

Please help

-Sam

c819a4c3a6a5673bd9f8111c05413f0b.png

12 minutes ago, samartz said:

Please help

• Use mb-check to gather MB3 logs:
    1. Download mb-check from here and save to your desktop
    2. Run mb-check and within a few second the command window will open and then close
    3. This will produce one log file on your desktop: mb-check-results.zip
    4. Attach this log file to your post by clicking on the "Drag files here to attach, or choose files..." or simply drag the file to the attachment area
  • Create and obtain Farbar Recovery Scan Tool (FRST) logs
    1. Download FRST and save it to your desktop
      1. Note: You need to run the version compatible with your system. You can check here if you're not sure if your computer is 32-bit or 64-bit
    2. Double-click to run and when the tool opens click Yes to the disclaimer
    3. Press Scan button
    4. This will product two files in the same location (directory) as FRST: FRST.txt and Addition.txt
      1. Attach both of these logs to your post by clicking on the "Drag files here to attach, or choose files..." or simply drag the files to the attachment area

3 hours ago, Porthos said:
  • Use mb-check to gather MB3 logs:
    1. Download mb-check from here and save to your desktop
    2. Run mb-check and within a few second the command window will open and then close
    3. This will produce one log file on your desktop: mb-check-results.zip
    4. Attach this log file to your post by clicking on the "Drag files here to attach, or choose files..." or simply drag the file to the attachment area
  • Create and obtain Farbar Recovery Scan Tool (FRST) logs
    1. Download FRST and save it to your desktop
      1. Note: You need to run the version compatible with your system. You can check here if you're not sure if your computer is 32-bit or 64-bit
    2. Double-click to run and when the tool opens click Yes to the disclaimer
    3. Press Scan button
    4. This will product two files in the same location (directory) as FRST: FRST.txt and Addition.txt
      1. Attach both of these logs to your post by clicking on the "Drag files here to attach, or choose files..." or simply drag the files to the attachment area

Do attaching these files expose / show my license key and user name?

Hello @samartz:

Thank you for the data log files.  The system's MB3 installation is unable to properly validate the Malwarebytes' license key because of an intentional block of communications with the Malwarebytes' license server.

Please permanently delete the following entry from the Windows 10 HOSTS file at C:\WINDOWS\system32\Drivers\etc\hosts:

0.0.0.0 keystone.mwbsys.com

Then, restart the Windows 10 system to NORMAL boot mode.  When completed, please post a reply to this topic with your progress.

Thank you again.

25 minutes ago, 1PW said:

Hello @samartz:

Thank you for the data log files.  The system's MB3 installation is unable to properly validate the Malwarebytes' license key because of an intentional block of communications with the Malwarebytes' license server.

Please permanently delete the following entry from the Windows 10 HOSTS file at C:\WINDOWS\system32\Drivers\etc\hosts:

0.0.0.0 keystone.mwbsys.com

Then, restart the Windows 10 system to NORMAL boot mode.  When completed, please post a reply to this topic with your progress.

Thank you again.

no clue how that got there. I did some research and found out that that was from some form of crack thing for malwarebytes but I downloaded it straight from your website. weird but i'll take your advice :)