Computer Freeze and crash on MWB update attempt

I'm currently trying to install the new MWB onto my laptops; Levono Yoga 710 and a Dell Precision M4800. They are running Windows 10 and Windows 8.1 respectively and both have Trendmicro Officescan running on them as well. Current version is 3.0.6. I'm going through the dashboard (see first screenshot).

When I click this on either laptop, the entire computer freezes.

For the Dell, it stays frozen for over 15 minutes (I gave up after that and did a hard shutdown).

For the Yoga, it stays frozen for about 2 minutes or so. After that, it takes another minute or so for the "Would you like to let Malwarebytes edit the information on your computer?" prompt to come up. After that it crashes.

I've been able to repeat the full computer freeze issue multiple times on both laptops. Currently waiting on the Yoga to unfreeze after a second try. What on earth is happening?

Laptop Specifics: 

Dell:

Windows 8.1

24 GB RAM

i7-4800MQ

Malwarebytes exact versioning: 3.0.6.1469

Component version: 1.0.103

Update package version: 1.0.2193

Yoga:

Windows 10

8GB RAM

Don't know what else, laptop still frozen.

Install now screen on Dashboard.PNG

Hello and Welcome.

You can either download the installer from the link below, or try the steps below it for a clean re-install of the latest version...

https://downloads.malwarebytes.com/file/mb3 for downloading and installing over current version....

For a clean re-install see below....

(Malwarebytes clean removal tool will backup your license information and then re-enter the license to the new install)

1. Please follow the steps in this pinned topic to uninstall your current version of MBAM and reinstall the latest build - Malwarebytes mb-clean tool (NOTE: After uninstalling with the mb-claen tool you will be asked to reboot. Once you reboot it will ask you if you want to re-install Malwarebytes, you can select YES (it will download the latest version) or you can download the latest version manually (currently v3.1.2.1733 ) to re-install from HERE)
  2. If that does not correct the issue, then please read the following and attach to your next reply the 3 requested logs - Diagnostic Logs (the 3 logs are: mb-check-results.zip, FRST.txt, Addition.txt)
  3. NOTE: More info about the latest Malwarebytes 3.1.2 HERE; MB 3 User Guide ONLINE; MB 3 User Guide PDF; MB 3 FAQ: Malwarebytes 3.0 - Frequently Asked Questions

Please let us know how it goes.

Thank You,

Firefox

Thanks for the info. I'll be sure to try that later on the Dell.

Update on the Yoga, it finally went through and installed successfully. There were probably a total of 20 minutes of complete computer freeze, but once I actually got the installer for MWB it went completely fine. Hopefully the above technique will allow be to effectively go straight to the installer and skip all the freezing.