• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • Root Admin

Hi @Pkshadow

Sorry for the delay.

I spoke with QC again and they said that you would need to decide which protection you want to use on the Exploit protection. Either Norton or Malwarebytes. There does not appear to be a means to allow both of them to operate at the same time as they are doing similar tasks.

Firewall | Intrusion and Browser Protection | Exploit Prevention

If you disable the Norton one then ours should take over and this crash should not happen, or you can disable ours and use the Norton one and the crash should not happen that way either.

Let me know please.

Thanks

Ron

13 hours ago, AdvancedSetup said:

Hi @Pkshadow

Sorry for the delay.

I spoke with QC again and they said that you would need to decide which protection you want to use on the Exploit protection. Either Norton or Malwarebytes. There does not appear to be a means to allow both of them to operate at the same time as they are doing similar tasks.

Firewall | Intrusion and Browser Protection | Exploit Prevention

If you disable the Norton one then ours should take over and this crash should not happen, or you can disable ours and use the Norton one and the crash should not happen that way either.

Let me know please.

Thanks

Ron

Was waiting for other post to resolve before posting update here, is closed so is resolved.

Update to this topic.

Ran DISM for MS 10 today and it downloaded and installed correct versions or corrected corrupted files (note this was done previously re this post and nothing was found wrong. Was waiting for Win 10 Fall Update to see if anything was corrected with that). 

After DISM and the corrections I noticed that the Firefox issue had stopped and I was no longer getting the warning pop-up.      So I would think a large gap between DISM corrections/Win10 file errors and choosing between Norton or MBAM.   So I suggest that QC is wrong in their thinking.   

This topic can now be closed as is resolved.