Office Conflict

I searched but did not find this. As it is obviously a big deal if true, I have to think that my search terms are just bad or something as I am often not the best at searching forums successfully. Please feel free to provide a link to a thread if this is solved/explained somewhere I did not find.

I always keep Malwarebytes updated to the latest program releases so this problem was continuing with whatever was, as of yesterday, the most recent version of Malwarebytes. So the problem:

Recently, at least a week or two, I started being unable to save any Office 365 Home documents.  Office 365 just freezes when attempting to save.  Today I finally got a Microsoft technical support agent who knew what the issue was.  He said that Malwarebytes had released a program update that was causing a conflict with Office 365 and told me if I uninstalled Malwarebytes, Office 365 would work properly.  I was skeptical as the issue with saving Office documents has been going on for at least a week or two and I would have expected to find something here or to have had Malwarebytes release a fix.  But he insited and I went ahead and uninstalled Malwarebytes 3.... and the issue with Office 365 is resolved.

Does anyone know what is going on and what I should do at this point?  Of course I do not want to leave Malwarebytes uninstalled.  I love the program and it has worked to prevent and or find bad things several times for me. I want to continue using it as soon as I can but of course I also need to be able to use Office 365 also.  I did try just stopping, shutting down or closing Malwarebytes before using Office 365 and that did not work.  To solve the issue, I had to fully uninstall Malwarebytes.

So as soon as I posted this another thread popped up at the top addressing this issue.  I guess my search skills really to su...!  But in that case the response was that the latest updates to the Malwarebytes program have fixed the issue.  But that was not the case because as of this morning, with the latest Malwarebytes, Office 365 was still crashing for me.  I uninstalled Malwarebytes a couple of hours ago and the problem with Office 365 is gone. Maybe the recent releases of Malwaebytes fied it with the locally installed versions of Office, but not Office 365? 

Let's try and get some logs first so the team can review them and see if they can tell what may be causing your issues....

1. If that does not correct the issue, then please read the following and attach to your next reply the 3 requested logs - Diagnostic Logs (the 3 logs are: mb-check-results.zip, FRST.txt, Addition.txt)

Please let us know how it goes.

Thank You,

Firefox

OK.  For now I do not even have Malwarebytes installed as I need to be using Office 365.  I was thinking I would just wait for a couple more releases of Malwarebytes and then reinstall to see if it is fixed for me.  But I realize that does not help if there really is an unresolved issue unique to Office 365.  So if I have time later when I am done with Office, I will reinstall the latest version of MB and generate the logs.  As I type that I realize that is one thing I did not try.  I had kept MB up to date through the user interface, but had not actually gone through a manual uninstall and reinstall and probably should have tried that also.  I'll post back with an update or logs later.

Edited by Will_T