Jump to content

Help with possible malware

Recommended Posts

Hi, I'm hoping someone can help! In the past, when my computer (while using the internet) was running this slowly, it was because of malware. I did run a scan with Malwarebytes, and nothing was found, but that happened in the past even though I was infected. I've attached the 2 files from the Farbar scan. I so appreciate you taking the time to help me out!!




Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Root Admin

Hello @merenwen and :welcome:

If you continue to use P2P software and downloading from unknown sources not only Is it illegal but you're subjecting your computer to infections all the time. I would highly recommend uninstalling and stopping the use of P2P software. There is probably about maybe 1% of legal P2P traffic the other 99% is illegal.

µTorrent (HKU\S-1-5-21-3433529093-2451806207-4032790009-1001\...\uTorrent) (Version: - BitTorrent Inc.)

You're running an old compromised version of Java on the computer too. I would recommend you uninstall All versions of Java and if at all possible don't use Java. If you have to have it make sure you keep it up to date at all time from https://java.com

The computer does not appear to be outright infected. It could use some maintenance maybe and stopping some programs from loading on boot up. AVG was bought out and no longer exists as a company. The software has bee a pretty heavy resource intensive program for a while. If you have the full paid version of Malwarebytes you may want to consider uninstalling AVG. If not then maybe look at getting a different antivirus that is not as heavy on resources.

Please read the following article concerning the use of MSCONFIG
Msconfig Is Not A Startup Manager

Take a look at your installed programs and make sure you still want and use all of them. Uninstall those you no longer need or use. Use a Startup Manager not MSCONFIG and stop things from loading that don't need to load.

We can scan the system with some other software too if you like to check for infection, just let me know.




Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Root Admin

Glad we could help. :)If you need this topic reopened, please send a Private Message to any one of the moderating team members. Please include a link to this thread with your request. This applies only to the originator of this thread.Other members who need assistance please start your own topic in a new thread. Thanks!

Link to post
Share on other sites

This topic is now closed to further replies.
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
Back to top
  • Create New...

Important Information

This site uses cookies - We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.