WINDOWS 7 DOESN'T START

Good morning,

I saw that You had help lots of people that have problem similar to mine. In fact, my Windows 7 PC doesn't start and it seems to be a problem with MB3SwissArmy.sys driver that is missing in \windows\system32\drivers\
Have I to run "Farbar Recovery Scan Tool" like someone of you wrote in several topic? (an example below)

NOTE: In my PC, AVG Business Edition is the antivirus installed and I've also installed MBAM.

Please help to save my PC!

Thank you so much in advance

Andrea

Thanks for the log Andrea, continue with the following:

Save the attached file fixlist.txt to your flash drive, same place as FRST.

Now please enter System Recovery Options as you did to get the log.

Run FRST and press the Fix button just once and wait.

The tool will make a log on the flashdrive (Fixlog.txt) please post it to your reply.

Those instructions will reset your system registry settings to the way they were for the last time it booted successfully, post log also let me know outcome..

Thank you,

Kevin

fixlist.txt

Edited by kevinf80
altered attached file fixlist.txt

I don't know what it happened: when I start the PC, before acting your suggestions, it started with Windows "normal mode" without any problem.
I tried several times to reboot and everything seems to be ok.

Do I need to made your suggestions with FRST anyway?

I can't explain how things were settled!

No do not use the fix if your system is booting Normally. Lets run a full scan with FRST as follows:

Download Farbar Recovery Scan Tool and save it to your desktop.

Alternative download option: http://www.techspot.com/downloads/6731-farbar-recovery-scan-tool.html

Note: You need to run the version compatible with your system (32 bit or 64 bit). If you are not sure which version applies to your system download both of them and try to run them. Only one of them will run on your system, that will be the right version.

If your security alerts to FRST either, accept the alert or turn your security off to allow FRST to run. It is not malicious or infected in any way...

Be aware FRST must be run from an account with Administrator status...

• Double-click to run it. When the tool opens click Yes to disclaimer.(Windows 8/10 users will be prompted about Windows SmartScreen protection - click More information and Run.)
  • Make sure Addition.txt is checkmarked under "Optional scans"
  • Press Scan button to run the tool....
  • It will make a log (FRST.txt) in the same directory the tool is run. Please copy and paste it to your reply.
  • The tool will also make a log named (Addition.txt) Please attach that log to your reply.

Thanks,

Kevin

Hello Andrea,

Thanks for the update, continue as follows..

Download attached fixlist.txt file (end of reply) and save it to the Desktop, or the folder you saved FRST into. "Do not open that file"
NOTE. It's important that both FRST and fixlist.txt are in the same location or the fix will not work.

Open FRST and press the Fix button just once and wait.
The tool will make a log on the Desktop (Fixlog.txt) or the folder it was ran from. Please post it to your reply.

Next,

Totally Remove Malwarebytes from your system:

Download the latest version of Malwarebytes cleanup tool from here: https://downloads.malwarebytes.com/file/mb_clean and save to your Desktop..

If applicable, backup your Malwarebytes license key information and deactivate the product.

Close all open applications and deactivate Malwarebytes <---- Very important, do not miss that step

To deactivate Malwarebytes:

Right click on tray icon, from the opened list select "Quit Malwarebytes" an UAC alert will open, select "Yes" to deactivate Malwarebytes...

• Double-click mb-clean.exe to run it
  • A prompt to confirm the cleanup will appear, select Yes or No
  • Yes - will proceed with the cleanup process <---- Select this option to start the tool
  • No - will exit the utility
  • The Utility will launch a Command Prompt window which will disappear once the the cleanup process completes.
  • Once completed, a log file ("mb-cleanresult.txt") will be on your desktop and you'll be prompted to reboot
  • We recommend an immediate reboot <--- Do Not miss out this step
  • Suppressing the reboot may result in an incomplete cleanup
  • Upon reboot Malwarebytes will be totally removed from your system

To re-install Malwarebytes:

Download Malwarebytes version 3 from the following link:

https://www.malwarebytes.com/mwb-download/thankyou/

• Double click on the installer and follow the prompts. If necessary select the Blue Help tab for video instructions....
  • When the install completes and is updated do the following:
  • Open Malwarebytes, select > "settings" > "protection tab"
  • Scroll down to "Scan Options" ensure Scan for Rootkits and Scan within Archives are both on....
  • Go back to "DashBoard" select the Blue "Scan Now" tab......

When the scan completes deal with any found entries... Then select "Export Summary" then "Text File (*.txt)" name that log and save , you can copy or attach that to your reply...

If you have lost the activation licence key information it can be located here: http://www.cleverbridge.com/342/?scope=cusecolp

Next,

Download AdwCleaner by Xplode onto your Desktop.

Or from this Mirror

• Double click on Adwcleaner.exe to run the tool
  • Click on the Scan in the Actions box
  • Please wait fot the scan to finish..
  • When "Waiting for action.Please uncheck elements you want to keep" shows in top line..
  • Click on the Cleaning box.
  • Next click OK on the "Closing Programs" pop up box.
  • Click OK on the Information box & again OK to allow the necessary reboot
  • After restart the AdwCleaner(C*)-Notepad log will appear, please copy/paste it in your next reply. Where * is the number relative to list of scans completed...

Next,

Download Microsoft's " Malicious Software Removal Tool" and save direct to the desktop

Ensure to get the correct version for your system....

32 Bit version:
https://www.microsoft.com/downloads/en/confirmation.aspx?FamilyId=AD724AE0-E72D-4F54-9AB3-75B8EB148356&displaylang=en

64 Bit version:
https://www.microsoft.com/downloads/en/confirmation.aspx?FamilyId=585D2BDE-367F-495E-94E7-6349F4EFFC74&displaylang=en

Right click on the Tool, select “Run as Administrator” the tool will expand to the options Window
In the "Scan Type" window, select Quick Scan
Perform a scan and Click Finish when the scan is done.

Retrieve the MSRT log as follows, and post it in your next reply:

1) Select the Windows key and R key together to open the "Run" function
2) Type or Copy/Paste the following command to the "Run Line" and Press Enter:

notepad c:\windows\debug\mrt.log

The log will include log details for each time MSRT has run, we only need the most recent log by date and time....

Let me see those logs in your reply... Also zip up and attach this folder: C:\Windows\Minidump

Let me know if you have any remaining issues or concerns...

Thanks,

Kevin...

fixlist.txt

Due to the lack of feedback this topic is closed to prevent others from posting here. If you need this topic reopened, please send a Private Message to any one of the moderating team members. Please include a link to this thread with your request. This applies only to the originator of this thread.Other members who need assistance please start your own topic in a new thread. Thanks!