"Cannot access license server" pop ups

Hello, I updated to 3.1 last weekend, sorry if this question has already been addressed.

Last weekend I got the notification above the task bar that a new version of Malwarebytes was available, I clicked download, took me right to a set up and installed the new version. I restarted and everything looked like it went well.

I leave my computer on for periods of time, and for the first day or so everything was exactly as it was with 3.0. Then the next day, I check the computer and I have a ton of pop ups telling me cannot connect to to the license server. They seem to happen every 30 minutes. I restart the computer, and the same thing, a day or so goes by with no pop ups, then a bunch show up. These happen when the computer is not online and not being used. I'm used to seeing the cannot connect to update server pop ups, but they never show up in this amount. I believe I may have gotten a single one of those pop ups right after upgrading to the new version. I'm using the free version, so I'm not sure why it's checking the license.

My question is, is this a new feature in 3.1 that I just have to ignore? Or is there an option to disable the license check? This is something that never occurred in 3.0.

Thank you

58 minutes ago, guest11 said:

My question is, is this a new feature in 3.1 that I just have to ignore? Or is there an option to disable the license check? This is something that never occurred in 3.0.

Hello @guest11:

Thank you for reporting the system's issue.  The issue is something you should not need to tolerate.  Disabling the license check, and any communications with Malwarebytes' servers, will always have a deleterious effect on the system's protections and MB3's operation.  The Malwarebytes' staffers/helpers must have good log data for a quality fault analysis to begin.

1) Please follow the steps within the locked/pinned topic at Having problems using Malwarebytes? Please follow these steps

2) In your next reply to this topic, please only attach the three (3) files separately that are developed above: mb-check-results.zip, FRST.txt, and Addition.txt.

3) Additionally, please consider left-clicking the "Follow" button, near the upper-right corner of your topic, to receive timely email notifications about updates to your topic.

Thank you.

Hello @guest11:

Thank you for the logs.  The logs show that essential communications with Malwarebytes related servers have been failing.

If the system is configured to block communications with any Malwarebytes related servers, those blocks must be mitigated before proceeding further.

Please uninstall Malwarebytes Anti-Exploit (MBAE) in a conventional manner.  Please leave MBAE uninstalled.  <=== Important

Please follow this procedure to perform a clean install of the release version of MB3:

1. Please follow the steps in the locked/pinned topic to uninstall the remnants of MB3 and reinstall the latest build: MB-Clean Tool (NOTE: After uninstalling with the MB-Clean tool, you will be asked to reboot.  Once restarted, the tool will ask you if you want to re-install Malwarebytes, you can select YES (it will download the MB3 release version) or you can download the MB3 release version manually (currently v3.1.2.1733-1.0.141-1.0.2092) to re-install from HERE).
  2. Only if that does not correct the system's issue, then please read the following and only separately attach to your next reply the 3 requested logs - Diagnostic Logs (the 3 logs are: mb-check-results.zip, FRST.txt, and Addition.txt).

NOTE: The following MB3 information is also available: MB3 User Guide ONLINE, MB3 User Guide PDF, and the MB3 FAQ.

Since the Malwarebytes' staff has not recommended running MB3 Free with MBAE, it is recommended that MB3 Free be upgraded to MB3 Premium because it is such an inexpensive upgrade.  Regardless, it is strongly recommended that the perpetual beta MBAE not be reinstalled.

Please update this topic when the above is completed.  Thank you again.

Edited by 1PW

Hello, I can't find MBAE in the add/remove programs. There's only a folder in Program Files section with one dll file in it. I downloaded MBAE a long time ago, but it stopped working when I downloaded 3.0 which was a while ago.. and I think that it may have been completely removed when 3.1 was installed last week.

Should I continue on and download the clean tool?

Hello @guest11:

Please check for the existence of the following sub-directories in need of deletion:

"%ProgramFiles(x86)%\Malwarebytes Anti-Exploit\"   or   C:\Program Files (x86)\Malwarebytes Anti-Exploit\

and

"%ProgramData%\Malwarebytes Anti-Exploit\"   or   C:\Program Data\Malwarebytes Anti-Exploit\  (Normally hidden by Windows default)

The logs you posted showed MBAE v1.9.1.1334 had a presence at C:\Program Files (x86)\Malwarebytes Anti-Exploit, June 4, 2017.  If any of these sub-directories remain, they may prove troublesome later.  They need to be deleted.

If these remnants are elusive (or are now gone), please proceed with the MB3 clean install in hopes that the present MB-Clean tool is trusted to be thorough.

Thank you.

Edited by 1PW