Help possible malware infection along with pup.optional.installcore

Hec

Hey Kevin, 

Just one last question so I’m on my way to Montreal currently in New York jfk but that’s besides the point I read everything you sent me but I don’t really understand firewall’s I have glasswire but really glasswire just tells you when something runs or makes a connection which is useful, should I get a different firewall if so which one do you recommend thank you in advance.

I guess I’ll stay with glasswire better to stay with what has worked rather than to download dodgy software but thanks everybody seems to make a big deal about glasswire but when you think about it, it can be useful it tells you just about everything even when files are changed, can get a bit annoying sometimes but better to be safe than sorry

Kevin just a quick update I think I found the root of my malware problems, I’m still in my trip but I brought my usb stick turns out it was infected with adaware, I never thought this was a possibility but it happened this is the same usb stick were I had a recovery tool for encrypted files, I disposed of the usb stick and bought a new one I assume that all the security tools already removed the threat like the pup I mentioned in the start of the thread, anyways I plan to install bitdefender usb immunizer and Panda USB Vaccine when I get home haven’t used this usb in a long time so maybe this wasn’t it anyways have a nice day.

Hector,

Glad we could help. :)If you need this topic reopened, please send a Private Message to any one of the moderating team members. Please include a link to this thread with your request. This applies only to the originator of this thread.Other members who need assistance please start your own topic in a new thread. Thanks!