Component Package 1.0.141

Hello,

It has many systems to update. Not everyone can be served at the same time. For maniacs it is necessary to re-install ... lol. On many PCs I am obliged to do so. Because automatic updates do not always happen.

It is the ransom of glory.

My friendships to the Team

3 hours ago, Porthos said:

That is the way a component package was designed to be. UNNOTICEABLE.Good job MB.

Yes they are supposed to be unnoticeable, however a changelog post should be made somewhere....

These were taken from the installer (not sure if its the most current changes in the CU 141 update...

Performance/protective capability
•   Multiple enhancements result in reduction of memory usage
•   Faster load time and responsiveness of third-party applications
•   Improved performance of Web Protection
•   Faster Malwarebytes 3 program startup time and responsiveness of user interface
•   New detection and protection layer with machine learning based anomaly detection (to be deployed gradually even if it shows “enabled” under Settings)
•   Improved Self-Protection by requiring escalated privileges to disable protections or deactivate a license
•   Enhanced malware protection techniques and remediation capabilities
•   Added an automatic monthly scheduled scan in Free mode

Usability
•   Added ability to control the priority of manual scans on the system
•   Added setting to turn off ‘Real-Time Protection turned off’ notifications when protection was specifically disabled by the user
•   Added ability to exclude the last website blocked by Web Protection via the tray menu
•   Fixed several defects related to configuring Custom Scans, including selecting child folders and fixing issues with touch screens
•   Fixed problem where a right-click context scan appeared broken after scheduled scan due to misleading "Cannot start a scan while another one is in progress" message
•   Fixed issue where you could not add or edit a scheduled scan in Spanish and some other languages
•   Fixed issue where scan could appear stuck on Heuristics Analysis when it had actually completed successfully
•   Fixed issue where Self-Protection setting would fail to toggle correctly after an upgrade

Stability/issues fixed
•   Fixed several crashes in the Web Protection module
•   Fixed issue where Ransomware Protection would be stuck in ‘Starting’ state after a reboot
•   Fixed a conflict with Norton that caused web pages not to load and plug-ins to crash in Chrome
•   Fixed issue with WMI protection technique in Exploit Protection that could cause Office applications to crash
•   Fixed several crashes related to the service and tray
•   Fixed many other miscellaneous defects and user interface improvements

15 hours ago, syrob said:

On one of my 12 computers system automatically upgraded to 10141 from 10139  --> NOW exploit protection will NOT turn on even after reboot !!!!

On another PC "Use signature-less anomaly detection for increased protection"  now is turned off !!  Will not turn on !!

Edited by syrob

2 hours ago, Antec said:

It is going very fast right now. The package has changed since yesterday.

5939385490b36_AntecMBVersionInformation08Jun2017.png.2d3b75f6e20264572daa107353841c81.png

Hi Antec:

The Update Package Version: 1.0.2110 in your image is the version number for the malware database and it's expected to change almost every time MB checks for updates.  It's a bit confusing because Malwarebytes has stopped using their old numbering system where users knew the release date of their database based on the version number (e.g., v2017.6.30.x would have a release date of 30-Jun-2017).  Several users have complained about the new numbering system in DougCuk's thread Database Updates and Version Info.

I think Phone Man is requesting a change log for the latest Component Package v1.0.141Staffer bdubrow's changelog pinned <here> at the top of this board is for the old v1.0.139.

22 hours ago, Firefox said:

Yes they are supposed to be unnoticeable, however a changelog post should be made somewhere.... These were taken from the installer (not sure if its the most current changes in the CU 141 update... 

Hi Firefox:

As far as I can tell, that changelog you copied from the current installer is identical to the change log posted at https://www.malwarebytes.com/support/releasehistory/ back on 10-May-2017 that describes the changes from MB v3.0.6 to v3.1.  I don't think it includes any specific information on the recent changes in Component Package v1.0.141.
-----------
32-bit Vista Home Premium SP2 * Firefox ESR v52.1.2 * NS Premium v22.9.4.8 * MB Premium v3.1.2.1733-1.0.141

Edited by lmacri

50 minutes ago, lmacri said:

Hi Firefox:

As far as I can tell, that changelog you copied from the current installer is identical to the change log posted at https://www.malwarebytes.com/support/releasehistory/ back on 10-May-2017 that describes the changes from MB v3.0.6 to v3.1.  I don't think it includes any specific information on the recent changes in Component Package v1.0.141.

I was afraid of that, hence why I mentioned I did not know if it included the CU 141 info... IMO it should have...

4 hours ago, syrob said:

On another PC "Use signature-less anomaly detection for increased protection"  now is turned off !!  Will not turn on !!

On one of my 12 computers system automatically upgraded to 10141 from 10139  --> NOW exploit protection will NOT turn on even after reboot !!!!

So far the solution to both above was to manually reinstall 141 over 141, so far has corrected the issues above, MWB team needs more work on this >>>>

8 hours ago, dcollins said:

The 141 CU release over 139 fixed a small internal issue in regards to how threat data is sent to our servers. There was no public changelog because there was no user impact in this update

Still would be nice to know :)

Hi all--

Just wanted to clarify that in general component package updates (CUs) will not be announced and we won't be posting specific change logs for these.  These updates are meant to be applied silently and automatically in the background.

We've broken this rule in the recent past because we had a few high-profile issues that were addressed by a particular CU and we wanted to specifically call those out. But this shouldn't be considered "normal."  These updates are meant to address miscellaneous defects, protection technique improvements and stabilization enhancements. In fact, those items can be considered the perpetual change log for these CUs going forward.  :)

We are constantly improving process and access to the latest versions of our software. Within a day or so after a new CU is released we'll have up updated full installer available from our website with the latest CU and database updates included. This means anyone downloading Malwarebytes 3 from our website will always have the most up-to-date software.

We are also working on improvements that will allow you to always pull down the latest components or full program versions from within MB3 even if the "allowable level of upgrades for the day" set on our side has been met.  This means that clicking Install Application Updates will automatically pull down any available CU updates or program upgrades regardless so those wishing to manually upgrade can always do so quickly and easily.