I have the same problem occurring on my desktop in both Chrome and Edge.  I just rebuilt my system about 2 weeks ago with a new SSD and windows 10 OS.  The problems with my previous HDD may or may not have been related to this problem, but I was experiencing issues with that set-up especially in chrome.  When running Chrome I would get high levels of CUP usage.  This would cause my system to become unusable at times.  Ultimately CHKDSK revealed that there may been disk problems so I went down that path and replaced my OS HDD with a new SSD.  I did not restore the system, I rebuilt by loading a new OS and reinstalling some of the apps.  That was a little history on my system... 

Now I am experiencing redirects to grimsurveys,com when I am on the comcast website sitting idle. Lately it is occurring more frequently.  Yesterday when I turned on my screen after being on all night there was a warning message indicating my data would be lost, passwords taken and such.  The infection was a variant of yahlover.worm malware. I used CCleaner and mallwarebites and nothing was found.  I searched various remedies and found that some think its a website attack and nothing on my computer needs to be cleaned. This morning I received a Mallwarebites notification of a block of a malicious web site.  I assume it was the yahlover.worm attack again.  Mallwarebites hasn't blocked the grimsurvey redirects...

In my estimation this is all related.  I am interested in finding a solution.  If not I will rebuild my system again and  to determine if there is still a problem.

Is there firmware or something outside of the disk storage system that could be infected and could propagate a problem from the old disk to the new disk? 

• 1 month later...
  • Root Admin

We're sorry. It looks like your topic was somehow overlooked. Due to the length of time we'll go ahead and close this topic now but if you still actually need help please send a private message to one of the Moderators and we'll assist you.Thank you and sorry we missed your topic.