Malewarebytes Stuck at file v2

Hello once again. I haven't really had any problems with malewarebytes since the last the last post about being stuck at a file. However, I once again got stuck at a file for a very long period of time and decided that it would be good to give you guys the info, as I've been keeping on enhanced logs just in case it occurred again. To be clear thought, this time the scan did actually complete on it's own; ironically a few minutes after I started gathering info to add to this post. Thus, this is more of a "here's some stuff that may interest you" post that a "I need a problem solved right now" post. Sorry If I put this in the wrong place or if this is seen as an unnecessary post. In either case, I understand if this gets deleted. In the case you want to see the info I gathered, here is the content of the folder:

1. Enhanced Malewarebyte logs from C:\ProgramData\Malwarebytes\MBAMService\logs

a. One set before the scan completed   b. one set after the scan completed  (I don't know if that matters, but I did it just in case)

2. FRST Scan stuff

3. mbam-check.exe reports

4. A picture of the non-progressing scan

Like last time I did not retest this, as it took 4 hours to get to the file that it stopped at. Once more, I am willing to try both a quick scan and custom scan to retest for this if needed (thought it may be a while since I need to do things for a bit).

Dropbox link: https://www.dropbox.com/s/k9g6ou1343aor3l/Malwarebytes Help stuff.rar?dl=0  (In case the site's up-loader doesn't work)

P.S. Sorry if I forgot anything you guys may have needed

Malwarebytes Help stuff.rar

*EDIT*

I just realized you're on 3.0.6. Can you please download the latest 3.1.2 from https://downloads.malwarebytes.com/file/mb3 and install it over top of your existing installation. We fixed some file scan issues in this release. If that doesn't work, please try the steps below if you can

Thanks @Jobbersmark. We will try to get the file information from here but there are two more things that would really help us out if you get a chance.

#1 - Under Settings -> Application, change Impact of Scans on System to "Lower the priority of manual scans to improve multitasking" and then run the scan with Event Log Data enabled
#2 - When the scan hangs up, please grab a memory dump:

1. Press Ctrl + Shift + Esc to open Task Manager
  2. Click on the Details tab at the top and find mbamservice.exe in the list
  3. Right click mbamservice.exe and choose Create Dump File
  4. Navigate to %temp% and find the mbamservice.dmp file
  5. Right click the file and choose Send to -> Compressed (zipped) folder
  6. Upload the file using dropbox or use wetransfer.com to send the file to dcollins@malwarebytes.com

I know you said it takes awhile for the scan to hang so we'll try to work with what we have, but these extra results would help a lot of if you have the opportunity

Edited by dcollins

• 2 weeks later...
On ‎6‎/‎5‎/‎2017 at 0:17 AM, dcollins said:

*EDIT*

I just realized you're on 3.0.6. Can you please download the latest 3.1.2 from https://downloads.malwarebytes.com/file/mb3 and install it over top of your existing installation. We fixed some file scan issues in this release. If that doesn't work, please try the steps below if you can

Thanks @Jobbersmark. We will try to get the file information from here but there are two more things that would really help us out if you get a chance.

#1 - Under Settings -> Application, change Impact of Scans on System to "Lower the priority of manual scans to improve multitasking" and then run the scan with Event Log Data enabled
#2 - When the scan hangs up, please grab a memory dump:

1. Press Ctrl + Shift + Esc to open Task Manager
  2. Click on the Details tab at the top and find mbamservice.exe in the list
  3. Right click mbamservice.exe and choose Create Dump File
  4. Navigate to %temp% and find the mbamservice.dmp file
  5. Right click the file and choose Send to -> Compressed (zipped) folder
  6. Upload the file using dropbox or use wetransfer.com to send the file to dcollins@malwarebytes.com

I know you said it takes awhile for the scan to hang so we'll try to work with what we have, but these extra results would help a lot of if you have the opportunity

Hi, I have the same issue and I followed the above instructions, I have sent the dump file to your e-mail, maybe you can help me out.

Thanks in advance.

Edited by ljmolins