Exploit Protection just wont start

It performed a scheduled weekly scan and then decided to restart my PC (Win 10) all by itself to remove PUPs, but then when it rebooted back up the Exploit protection module will not start, I then did further reboots but still nothing. 

Capture.JPG

Capture.JPG

If someone decides to suggest a clean unistall and then a re-install, then would they care to tell me how to backup my settings beforehand also please.

Edited by IPLondon
repeat attachments & added note at the end

I would suggest backing up your settings with screenshots and/or a video instead of backing up the settings themselves as something in your settings may have been corrupted causing exploit to not start. A clean install may help with this.

Edited by ipkpjersi

26 minutes ago, ipkpjersi said:

I would suggest backing up your settings with screenshots and/or a video instead of backing up the settings themselves as something in your settings may have been corrupted causing exploit to not start. A clean install may help with this.

Hard to believe that the settings can change themselves on their own, though I would still need to understand if there is a way to backup the settings (not via screenshots thanks!)

Edited by IPLondon

1 minute ago, IPLondon said:

Hard to believe that the settings can change themselves on their own, though I would still need to understand if there is a way to backup the settings (not screenshots!)

I believe you can back up your entire C:\ProgramData\Malwarebytes folder if you insist on keeping your settings, but with that said, a clean install likely won't help much if your settings are indeed the issue.

Edited by ipkpjersi

17 minutes ago, ipkpjersi said:

I believe you can back up your entire C:\ProgramData\Malwarebytes folder if you insist on keeping your settings, but with that said, a clean install likely won't help much if your settings are indeed the issue.

Perhaps I was not clear in my original post - I wanted to backup only the settings I created  (schedules, exclusions etc.) before I did a clean uninstall (if that is the only option to resolve the actual problem). If I backup the entire malwarebytes folder, I would be backing up the binaries and other program files which might indeed be defective. 

any tech support guys looking at this post?

Just now, IPLondon said:

Perhaps I was not clear in my original post - I wanted to backup only the settings I created  (schedules, exclusions etc.) before I did a clean uninstall (if that is the only option to resolve the actual problem). If I backup the entire malwarebytes folder, I would be backing up the binaries and other program files which might indeed be defective. 

any tech support guys looking at this post?

As far as I know, exclusions are in C:\ProgramData\Malwarebytes\Malwarebytes Anti-Malware\exclusions.dat and schedules are in C:\ProgramData\Malwarebytes\Malwarebytes Anti-Malware\Configuration\schedules.conf however before proceeding with this I would certainly wait for someone who knows for sure.

• Root Admin

Hello @IPLondon

Currently there is no approved method of backing up your  current settings for Malwarebytes. The configuration files are encrypted. There is discussion of adding such a feature in a future version but if or when that will happen I not sure of. If you're currently having issues with the program we can help you to get it going.

Please follow the advice from the link below.

Thank you

Ron

2 hours ago, AdvancedSetup said:

Hello @IPLondon

Currently there is no approved method of backing up your  current settings for Malwarebytes. The configuration files are encrypted. There is discussion of adding such a feature in a future version but if or when that will happen I not sure of. If you're currently having issues with the program we can help you to get it going.

Please follow the advice from the link below.

Thank you

Ron

Logs were attached in my previous post

Edited by IPLondon

mb-check-results.zip is attached above, but for some reason didn't grab all the files. Our team is researching what can cause this to happen as we've seen it in other cases as well.

@IPLondon most likely this issue is due to an issue with a component update that was unable to update properly. Can you please download the latest installer from https://downloads.malwarebytes.com/file/mb3 and install it over top of your existing installation? There should be no need to uninstall your current version

On 05/06/2017 at 5:18 PM, dcollins said:

mb-check-results.zip is attached above, but for some reason didn't grab all the files. Our team is researching what can cause this to happen as we've seen it in other cases as well.

@IPLondon most likely this issue is due to an issue with a component update that was unable to update properly. Can you please download the latest installer from https://downloads.malwarebytes.com/file/mb3 and install it over top of your existing installation? There should be no need to uninstall your current version

This worked!

I just ran the setup and it installed it over my existing program. Now exploit protection is working again. Thanks for the support everyone.