coworker hacked my computer using a USB keylogger

My state-owned computer was hacked. IT remotely looked at it and said nothing was out of the ordinary. My work was both tampered with and deleted, and many setting were altered. IT told me, and the 2 judges i spoke with, that nothing is happening because they couldn't see anything. Judges, I believe, thought I was delusional. I was mad and frustrated. Upon research I found that a USB keylogger could capture my passwords. IT told me if "she" doesn't have my password she can't do anything.

After requesting from IT the times I logged on, and educating IT of USB keyloggers, IT did a Spyware test. I told IT keyloggers can go undetected. IT now believes me and is currently working on this issue - over this weekend.

Three times -- the last time was at the end of work yesterday -- my computer has shut down like someone flipped a switch. This confuses me. I know it's part of the malicious behavior, but I don't know how it can be done. It's like trying to figure out a magic trick.

Please help me.

Edited by marysimsbury

A clean install/wipe is a good idea.  Don't forget to backup (and scan) your data

Also, it's a good idea to change passwords so they can't get in again.  It depends on what other passwords are stored on your system also.

marysimsbury:

Please realize that the sub-forums on the Malwarebytes' Forum are compartmentalized based upon functionality and mission.  Each sub-forum has a specific goal in mind.

This sub-forum is specifically geared to assist with problems with the Windows OS where it concerns the OS Kernel and failures to stay quiescent and where the system goes into crash situation resulting in a Blue Screen of Death ( aka; BSoD ) result.

What you have expressed is not associated with that kind of subject matter and thus the subject matter is Off Topic for this sub-forum

What you have expressed is that your "...state-owned computer was hacked. "

That is a presumption on your part but more importantly is the system's ownership and role.  Any Government Furnished Equipment ( GFE ) or corporate equipment is owned and operated by a central IT group which is a part of that entity.  As such any support that can be provided here at the Malwarebyte's Forum is extremely limited.  As GFE, you really can not take matters in your own hands and MUST go through their IT Support Channels.

The Free services provided by the Malwarebytes' Forum are meant for the home user/consumer.  Corporate product users have the Malwarebytes' Business support unit to get assistance from.  There just is no support for GFE and Malwarebytes' can't help you with their systems unless the Gov't entity has a contract with the Malwarebytes Business unit and the Gov't entity has authorized Malwarebytes' assistance.

• 1 month later...
  • Root Admin

We're sorry. It looks like your topic was somehow overlooked. Due to the length of time we'll go ahead and close this topic now but if you still actually need help please send a private message to one of the Moderators and we'll assist you.Thank you and sorry we missed your topic.