Update warning Icon alert but Dashboard shows updated

Hi

For the last few days Ive noticed an 'update out of date' warning showing in my lower tool bar hidden icons menu however the main MWB Dashboard shows updates as current and that Im protected. The check for updates box is 'on' and Ive also tried a manual scan but the warning remains. Any suggestions? Thanks

Edited by Lastboyscout
SP error

Hi and welcome.

• Create and obtain an mb-check log
    1. Download MB-Check and save to your desktop
    2. Double-click to run MB-Check and within a few second the command window will open, then click "OK" 
    3. This will produce one log file on your desktop: mb-check-results.zip
      • Attach this file to your forum post by clicking on the "Drag files here to attach, or choose files..." or simply drag the file to the attachment area
  • Create and obtain Farbar Recovery Scan Tool (FRST) logs
    1. Download FRST and save it to your desktop
      Note: You need to run the version compatible with your system. You can check here if you're not sure if your computer is 32-bit or 64-bit
    2. Double-click to run FRST and when the tool opens click "Yes" to the disclaimer
    3. Press the "Scan" button
    4. This will produce two files in the same location (directory) as FRST: FRST.txt and Addition.txt
      • Attach both of these logs to your forum post by clicking on the "Drag files here to attach, or choose files..." or simply drag the files to the attachment area

Please consider selecting the "Follow/Following" button, near the upper-right corner of your topic, to receive timely email notifications about updates to your topic.

16 minutes ago, Lastboyscout said:

Ho Pothos

Let's get you up to the newest released version. You are on  "installer_version" : "3.0.6" We are now on 3.1.2.

I like to advise to start fresh but here is a link to the current install https://downloads.malwarebytes.com/file/mb3

Go ahead and install over the top of your current install. If you have any issues or like a CLEAN start follow the below instructions.

** Download MB-Clean Here **

How to use it?

1. Download the latest version of MB-Clean by clicking the link above
  2. Close all open applications
  3. Double-click and run mb-clean.exe 
  4. A prompt with an option to clean up the system will appear:
    • Yes - will proceed with backing up the license key (Malwarebytes 3.x only) and initiating the cleanup process
    • No - will exit the utility
  5. Once the cleanup process is completed, a prompt will appear:
    • Yes – will proceed and post reboot you will be prompted to continue with the downloading, installation and activation of latest version of Malwarebytes 3.x
    • No – will exit the utility and you will not be prompted (post reboot) to download, reinstall and re-activate (not recommended)
      • We recommend rebooting immediately. Additionally, stopping at this step is not recommended and will most likely not resolve your issue(s).
  6. Upon reboot, a prompt will appear:
    • Yes - will download, install and activate the latest version of Malwarebytes 3.x
    • No - will exit the utility and the cleanup process is complete
      • Choose this option if you do not want to download, install and activate the latest version of Malwarebytes 3.x
    • A log file ("mb-clean-results.txt") will be on your desktop 

• 1 month later...

I've had the same problem as Lastboyscout. I downloaded the link for the newest version from above post from Porthos.  Worked temporairly. Received another alert warning today that Malwarebytes was out of date. When opened, it showed I was up to date. Tried the "Clean Start", also from above post by Porthos.  Computer was rebooted and got the window to download again. Clicked Yes.  Then the window froze. Got the desktop icon. Indicated it could not find the file path.  I know where the path is located, but how to I direct the program to go to the location?  Please be aware, I know almost zero about computers.  Thanks.

38 minutes ago, unlisted888 said:

I've had the same problem as Lastboyscout. I downloaded the link for the newest version from above post from Porthos.  Worked temporairly. Received another alert warning today that Malwarebytes was out of date. When opened, it showed I was up to date. Tried the "Clean Start", also from above post by Porthos.  Computer was rebooted and got the window to download again. Clicked Yes.  Then the window froze. Got the desktop icon. Indicated it could not find the file path.  I know where the path is located, but how to I direct the program to go to the location?  Please be aware, I know almost zero about computers.  Thanks.

Sounds like something may have gone wrong with the re-install.  Download the latest installer from the link below and install over the existing version.  Let us know if that fixes your issue.

https://downloads.malwarebytes.com/file/mb3