Premium Upgrade/Update confusion

I had several ver2 licenses - only 1 auto-upgraded to v3 about 2 months ago. I was hoping the others would auto-upgrade, but with  the approaching deadline on upgrades I manually upgraded the others with no fuss today. All licenses are/were set to auto upgrade/update, but after the manual upgrade I see Malwarebytes Premium 3.1.2 on the manual upgrades & 3.06 on the auto upgrade.  The auto upgraded has component package 1.0.103 & the manually upgraded 1.0139.  Is upgrading broken in version 3?

2 minutes ago, mstrg said:

I had several ver2 licenses - only 1 auto-upgraded to v3 about 2 months ago. I was hoping the others would auto-upgrade, but with  the approaching deadline on upgrades I manually upgraded the others with no fuss today. All licenses are/were set to auto upgrade/update, but after the manual upgrade I see Malwarebytes Premium 3.1.2 on the manual upgrades & 3.06 on the auto upgrade.  The auto upgraded has component package 1.0.103 & the manually upgraded 1.0139.  Is upgrading broken in version 3?

There is no issue with our metering. On top of that, our metering to users on 2.x is different than that of our users on 3.x. The 2.x product is still very good, and while we have been working out the kinks that people are seeing in 3.x, we didn't want to inform too many 2.x users that there was a new version available if it may end up causing issues for them. This is why we meter out. As more users go from 2.x to 3.x, we expect there will be some issues (whether it's technical issues, or people not fully understanding some aspects of the new product), so we stagger the update over time. If you're on 3.x already, however, we want to make sure you get the latest version since the updates to our 3.x product are designed to fix defects that have been identified and may impact people who are actively using the product.

As the 3.x product gets better with every release, we will start to meter out the update to more users on the 2.x product.

Also

Our update process in 3.0 is way better than what we had with 2.x, even with our metering in place. Database updates come out multiple times a day and users get those as soon as they do a check, we only meter our Component Updates (larger background updates) and our Application Updates (the ones where you have to click on the installer to install). When they get the 3.1.2 upgrade, it allows them to upgrade when they are ready. For users who want the latest updates immediately, we make them available for a download.

A lot of software stages it's rollouts like this to help handle support requests or try to catch issues that may arise. Your phone does this, Windows does this, and lots of other security vendors do this. If we found a giant flaw in 3.0.6 that left people vulnerable, we would do our best to get more users onto the latest version as soon as possible. But in most cases, letting the upgrades come naturally works best.

10 minutes ago, Porthos said:

But in most cases, letting the upgrades come naturally works best.

Thanks for the response.  I was/am confused about the June 8th deadline I've seen and was worried about losing the ability to upgrade.  I never had a prblm with 2.2 and none with 3.06. All machines are running Win7Pro but the one auto-upgraded was a newer build.

4 minutes ago, mstrg said:

But in most cases, letting the upgrades come naturally works best.

That is the company's statement.  I personally, because computer repair is my job and I am also a reseller I always keep an eye out here on the forums and always install the latest manually(for better or worse) My clients and I seem to have no issues. :)