Wittmann

Auslogics Removed by MBAM Scan

My apologies if I have got the wrong section here.

I am using MBAM version 3.1.2.1733 Free. My scan removes dozens of Auslogicis Pup's which is fine, but it also removes the complete Auslogics program including the desktop short cut from my PC. I have to download the Auslogics program from scratch and re-install. I have used Auslogics for many years and this has only recently been happening.

Surely this is not correct.

Your comments please.

Edited by Wittmann

As a precaution, I have placed the latest Auslogics installer in the Recycle Bin, where it should be safe from being deleted by the next MBAM scan.

Hi Wittmann

We currently are detecting certain Auslogics sofwares as PUP. (PUP stands for Potentially Unwanted Program).

In your case it is wanted.

Please can you update MBAM to the current database and run a new threatscan.

This time at the end of the scan make sure all boxes are unchecked (EG empty) and then ask MBAM to remove the items found.

This wiil generate a pop up windows asking if you would like to add those detections to the ignore list.

Please select "Ignore always" for all detections and then rescan to confirm the items are no longer detected.

Thanks in advance :)

Edited by Fatdcuk

9 minutes ago, Fatdcuk said:

Hi we are currently detecting certain Auslogics sofware as PUP. (PUP stands for Potentially Unwanted Program).

In your case it is wanted.

Please can you update MBAM to the current database and run a new threatscan.

This time at the end of the scan make sure all boxes are unchecked (EG empty) and then ask MBAM to remove the items found.

This wiil generate a pop up windows asking if you would like to add those detections to the ignore list.

Please select "Ignore always" for all detections and then rescan to confirm the items are no longer detected.

Thanks in advance :)

Thank you very much. That seems  excellent advice and I will do it. I will let you know how it goes later, perhaps tomorrow with luck.

Edited by Wittmann
Trimming.

Fatdcuk

Have updated my MBAM to :-

Version - 3.1.2.1733

Component package version - 1.0.139

Update package version - 1.0.2067

Ran an Auslogics defrag first, then ran an MBAM scan. Only 1 item was picked up this time - there were 61 last time.

Did what you said and clicked ignore forever. Ran another MBAM scan and it was clean - nothing picked up.

After 3 months of this problem bugging me, you have given me the answer. Will comply with this procedure from now on.

My sincere thanks for your time and advice.

Wittmann

8 hours ago, Wittmann said:

As a precaution, I have placed the latest Auslogics installer in the Recycle Bin

That's a risky hiding place. It may be you that inadvertently deletes the installer. What if you zipped the installer. Would that help?

12 hours ago, Telos said:

That's a risky hiding place. It may be you that inadvertently deletes the installer. What if you zipped the installer. Would that help?

No, I am very careful what I delete from my Recycle Bin. Never automatic, always manual.  MBAM deleted my Auslogics installer and program. All settled now as said in my earlier post.

Good news.

I have just done a MBAM scan after previously doing 2 Auslogics defrags during the past 3 days.

Output was clear, no infections or Pups.

So the tip given by Fatdcuk earlier was successful.

Thank you very much.

Case closed.