Virus that has slowed my computer down to the point its unusable - cant use malwarebytes please help

My brother's computer has been infected, it has slowed down his computer to the point where it takes ridiculously long to load up, open programs, perform any kind of action. The OS is Windows 10. I can launch the computer in safe mode and safe mode with networking. I have launched in safe mode and tried to run a Malwarebytes scan, it detected 29 objects but unfortunately sooner or later it will always get stuck on a file indefinitely and so I can never actually remove these objects. I am now trying my luck with an alternative; Rogue Killer. I noticed that when I went on task manager the Disk section was on 100%.

I have attached a picture of the viruses that were detected which I can't remove just in case it assists you.

Any help would be appreciated, I know a few things about this but i'm no expert! 

18834542_10155299479644194_1509047342_n.jpg

Hiya JoshG and welcome to Malwarebytes,

See if you can run the following with the system in Normal mode, if not try from Safe mode...

Download Farbar Recovery Scan Tool and save it to your desktop.

Alternative download option: http://www.techspot.com/downloads/6731-farbar-recovery-scan-tool.html

Note: You need to run the version compatible with your system (32 bit or 64 bit). If you are not sure which version applies to your system download both of them and try to run them. Only one of them will run on your system, that will be the right version.

If your security alerts to FRST either, accept the alert or turn your security off to allow FRST to run. It is not malicious or infected in any way...

Be aware FRST must be run from an account with Administrator status...

• Double-click to run it. When the tool opens click Yes to disclaimer.(Windows 8/10 users will be prompted about Windows SmartScreen protection - click More information and Run.)
  • Make sure Addition.txt is checkmarked under "Optional scans"
  • Press Scan button to run the tool....
  • It will make a log (FRST.txt) in the same directory the tool is run. Please copy and paste it to your reply.
  • The tool will also make a log named (Addition.txt) Please attach that log to your reply.

Thank you,

Kevin....

Thanks for those logs, continue with the following:

Download attached fixlist.txt file (end of reply) and save it to the Desktop, or the folder you saved FRST into. "Do not open that file"
NOTE. It's important that both FRST and fixlist.txt are in the same location or the fix will not work.

Open FRST and press the Fix button just once and wait.
The tool will make a log on the Desktop (Fixlog.txt) or the folder it was ran from. Please post it to your reply.

Next,

Totally Remove Malwarebytes from your system:

Download the latest version of Malwarebytes cleanup tool from here: https://downloads.malwarebytes.com/file/mb_clean and save to your Desktop..

If applicable, backup your Malwarebytes license key information and deactivate the product.

Close all open applications and deactivate Malwarebytes <---- Very important, do not miss that step

To deactivate Malwarebytes:

Right click on tray icon, from the opened list select "Quit Malwarebytes" an UAC alert will open, select "Yes" to deactivate Malwarebytes...

• Double-click mb-clean.exe to run it
  • A prompt to confirm the cleanup will appear, select Yes or No
  • Yes - will proceed with the cleanup process <---- Select this option to start the tool
  • No - will exit the utility
  • The Utility will launch a Command Prompt window which will disappear once the the cleanup process completes.
  • Once completed, a log file ("mb-cleanresult.txt") will be on your desktop and you'll be prompted to reboot
  • We recommend an immediate reboot <--- Do Not miss out this step
  • Suppressing the reboot may result in an incomplete cleanup
  • Upon reboot Malwarebytes will be totally removed from your system

To re-install Malwarebytes:

Download Malwarebytes version 3 from the following link:

https://www.malwarebytes.com/mwb-download/thankyou/

• Double click on the installer and follow the prompts. If necessary select the Blue Help tab for video instructions....
  • When the install completes and is updated do the following:
  • Open Malwarebytes, select > "settings" > "protection tab"
  • Scroll down to "Scan Options" ensure Scan for Rootkits and Scan within Archives are both on....
  • Go back to "DashBoard" select the Blue "Scan Now" tab......

When the scan completes deal with any found entries... Then select "Export Summary" then "Text File (*.txt)" name that log and save , you can copy or attach that to your reply...

If you have lost the activation licence key information it can be located here: http://www.cleverbridge.com/342/?scope=cusecolp

Next,

user posted imageEmsisoft Emergency Kit
  • Click Here to download Emsisoft Emergency Kit. The download will automatically start after a moment.
  • Save EmsisoftEmergencyKit.exe to your Desktop.
  • Double click on EmsisoftEmergencyKit.exe (Windows Vista/7/8/10 users: Accept UAC warning if it is enabled). A screen like this will appear:
    user posted image

• Leave everything as it is, then click Extract. This will unpack Emsisoft Emergency Kit to the EEK folder located in the root drive (usually C:\).
  • Once the extraction is done, an icon will appear on your Desktop. Double click it to start Emsisoft Emergency Kit.
    user posted image

• Wait for Emsisoft Emergency Kit to finish loading signatures. A screen like this should appear:
    user posted image

• Choose Yes, then wait for EEK to finish updating.
  • Choose Malware Scan under the Scan button. When EEK asks to activate PUP detection, choose Yes.
  • Wait for the scan to finish.
    user posted image

• If EEK detects something, all detected items will be displayed. Place a checkmark before everything, then choose Quarantine Selected.
  • If Emsisoft Emergency Kit asks to reboot, please do so immediately.
  • The scan log is located in Logs -> Scan Logs. Click on the entry of the latest scan, choose Export and save the report on your Desktop.
    user posted image

• Please Copy and Paste the contents of the scan log in your next reply.

Let me see those logs, also tell me if there are any remaining issues or concerns....

Thank you,

Kevin....

fixlist.txt

The second Emsisoft was the one we wanted as it shows the found entries were quarantined... We`ve definitely moved a lot of malware of this PC, how is responding now, has there been any improvement...?

Run the following and post is log.

user posted imageScan with HitmanPro

In any case don't remove on your own anything that Hitman Pro detects! This scanner is really good for checking, it has however been known for deleting files instead of curing them, in some cases this may render the machine unbootable.
Any removals will be done manually after careful analysis of the scan results!

Please download HitmanPro by SurfRight and save it to your desktop.
Temporary disable your AntiVirus and AntiSpyware protection - instructions here.

• Right-click on user posted image icon and select user posted imageRun as Administrator to start the tool.
  • If the program won't run please run it while holding down the left CTRL key until it's loaded!
  • Click on the Next button. You must agree with the terms of EULA (if asked).
  • Check the box beside No, I only want to perform a one-time scan to check this computer.
  • Click on the Next button.
  • The program will start to scan the computer. It would only take several minutes.
  • When the scan is done click on drop-down menu of the found entries (if any) and choose - Apply to all => Ignore.
  • If there isn't a dropdown menu when the scan is done then please don't delete anything and close HitmanPro!Navigate to C:\ProgramData\HitmanPro\Logs, open the report and include it it your next reply.
  • Click on the Next button.
  • Click on the Save Log button.
  • Save that file to your desktop.

Please include that logfile in your next reply.

Don't forget to re-enable your security!

Let me see those two logs in your reply...

Thank you,

Kevin...

Unfortunately it was still as slow as ever. The disk usage is 99-100%, I have attached pictures below just in case it assists you. At the moment I am unable to start the computer up in normal or safe mode. I will try again when i'm home in a few hours. 

Thanks. 

18871122_10155304473229194_1493085347_n.jpg

18871080_10155304473214194_1588635517_n.jpg

18871294_10155304473079194_1796984768_n.jpg

18871441_10155304473044194_918479830_n.jpg

Thanks for that log, continue with the following:

Download attached fixlist.txt file (end of reply) and save it to the Desktop, or the folder you saved FRST into. "Do not open that file"
NOTE. It's important that both FRST and fixlist.txt are in the same location or the fix will not work.

Open FRST and press the Fix button just once and wait.
The tool will make a log on the Desktop (Fixlog.txt) or the folder it was ran from. Please post it to your reply.

Next,

Please download Zemana AntiMalware and save it to your Desktop.

• Install the program and once the installation is complete it will start automatically.
  • Without changing any options, press Scan to begin.
  • After the short scan is finished, if threats are detected press Next to remove them.
    Note: If restart is required to finish the cleaning process, you should click Reboot. If reboot isn't required, please re-boot your computer manually.

• Open Zemana AntiMalware again.
  • Click on user posted image icon and double click the latest report.
  • Now click File > Save As and choose your Desktop before pressing Save.
  • Attach saved report in your next message.

Post those logs, tell me if there is any improvement..

Thank you,

Kevin

fixlist.txt

Thanks for those logs JoshG,

Yes this system has been severely infected, we are making slow but good progress clearing out the multitude of malicious entries... lets go for some system restore/fixes and hopefully see some improvement....

Download Portable Windows Repair (all in one) from one of the following:

www.tweaking.com/files/setups/tweaking.com_windows_repair_aio.zip

http://www.majorgeeks.com/mg/getmirror/tweaking_com_windows_repair_portable,1.html

https://www.bleepingcomputer.com/download/windows-repair-all-in-one/

Unzip the contents into a newly created folder on your desktop.

Boot your system to Safe mode, instructions here: https://support.microsoft.com/en-gb/help/12376/windows-10-start-your-pc-in-safe-mode

Open the Tweaking.com folder, run the tool by right click on Repair_Windows (icon with red briefcase) select "Run as Administrator"

From the main GUI do the following:

Select Tab 5 to make Registry backup, use the recommended option...

user posted image

When complete select "Repairs" tab, from there select "Open Repairs" tab..

From that window select the default option and checkmarck "Select All" box. When ready select "Start Repairs" tab....

user posted image

When complete re-boot your system to Normal mode, see if there is any improvement...

Logs are saved to the Tweaking.com folder on your Desktop, the one to post is _Windows_Repair_Log.txt

Post that log, also let me know if there is any improvement....

Thank you,
Kevin..

Due to the lack of feedback this topic is closed to prevent others from posting here. If you need this topic reopened, please send a Private Message to any one of the moderating team members. Please include a link to this thread with your request. This applies only to the originator of this thread.Other members who need assistance please start your own topic in a new thread. Thanks!