[RESOLVED] Updating Avatar

Hi hayc59,

Thanks for the contribution but... read carefully what  exile360 said :

18 hours ago, exile360 said:

click on the little picture icon NEXT TO  the currently set avatar image on the left

What you are pointing at IS... the currently set avatar (unconfigured yet) ! and... btw... it is NOT clickable !!!

Regards,

iBenny

Edited by iBenny

Here's what I'm referring to.  When I click on the small image icon (circled in red) it allows me to change my profile pic:

Change avatar.png

As for the Anti-Exploit beta, I believe I see what's going on.  It's a fee trial of the Premium version of Anti-Exploit.  Once the 14 days is up it will revert to the Free version.  The Free version still protects the most critical web facing applications such as your browser(s), it just doesn't allow you to add additional applications to be shielded the way Premium does.

12 hours ago, exile360 said:

What happens when you click on the image on that page?

Nothing...

5 hours ago, Pierre75 said:

I believe the number of posts made must exceed 50.

In that case... I rest my case ! :(

BTW  Pierre75, your post count under your avatar shows 25...

Best regards

iBenny

Edited by iBenny

I found out why this is.  Currently regular members cannot edit their profiles, including profile pics/avatars.  This was done to prevent spambots from using their profile content to push spam products/websites etc.  The team is investigating ways to make this more user friendly and accessible without compromising spam prevention.

17 hours ago, Hydruis said:

could you set a post count limit to edit profile and avatar of like 25 posts

Well, I find this (any) restriction quite... unfriendly ! I don't see ANY reasons for such limitations. Is it to save space on malwarebytes,com server HD ? or to differentiate (discriminate) newcomers from regular users ? The latter IS unjustifiable, and the former... really ?

iBenny

Personal opinion ahead.

This forum is really not a social site. It is here to support Malwarebytes products. I would guess out of the 103,876 members as of this post 90% get help with their issues and move on. I don't think it is wrong to require a certain level of meaningful posts to use any of the forum customizations.

• Root Admin

Please see post #14 by @exile360

This was put in place to slow spammers. Unfortunately spammers are in the same group as regular members. We are continuing to research methods and ideas to allow regular user to change it, yet not allow spammers. Due to our popularity we are hit with multiple spammer posts on a daily basis around the clock.

Thank you for your understanding. If you're here to help out and not just here to pass the time and would like your Avatar changed you can send me a PM and I'll look at changing it for you.

Thanks

Ron

On mer. 31 mai 2017 at 11:33 AM, Porthos said:

I don't think it is wrong to require a certain level of meaningful posts to use any of the forum customizations.

Thank you...

On jeu. 1 juin 2017 at 3:24 AM, AdvancedSetup said:

Thank you for your understanding. If you're here to help out and not just here to pass the time and would like your Avatar changed you can send me a PM and I'll look at changing it for you.

I REALLY understand and... this post have been extracted (by an admin I guess, NOT me) and isolated from a genuine help thread here and yes, I'll send you a PM to do so.

Many thanks

iBenny

Hi Hydruis and... WELCOME ! :D

Forgive me those who find this thread of no value but I have to reply to Hydruis by respect and because he asked me to.

I have to set the record strait here :

For a start, I have to stress that this is not my first forum (I am not a forum newbe here). I must have been through about more than a dozen forums in my life (62yo) and all of the forums I have been through, allow new users to set an avatar from the get go; so to explain my unease caused by the current situation.

7 hours ago, Hydruis said:

you don't call others on this thread "unfriendly" or play the "discrimination" card on them but you choose to pick on the one that comes up with a fair suggestion

how can making a suggestion be unfriendly when is hasn't even been implemented/ tested. :blink:

Like politicians do ;), I have to say that I have been misunderstood :( and/or have been quoted out of context  :( : I haven't accused anybody (you in this instance) of being "unfriendly" ! and neither your suggestion of being so. What I meant is that I found a forum setting a post quota (any) to allow setting an avatar somewhat... "unfriendly". You were not targeted by the qualifier and accept my apologies if you felt targeted.

they don't allow for spam prevention and are working on ways to resolve this. It makes perfect sense

It might not be obvious to you but... I ACKed the explanation in post 20 : 

8 hours ago, iBenny said:

I REALLY understand ...

I am sure Malwarebytes has more than enough bandwidth/server storage to allow avatar and profile bios

I'm sure too ! This is a rhetoric figure of style to dilute the harshness of my... "unfriendly" accusation (WOW ! I made a double pronged sentence :P) by creating a misdirection with an easily refutable assertion.

I thought the point need to be made I am not and will not let someone walk over my grave.

GOOD for you :D ! Men of principles have more favor in my eyes !

(P.S writing in capitals and bold letters with colours really doesn't help portray your opinion in a friendly manner)

This may come across as a personal assault it is my duty to correct you on this point it's nothing personal 

I know ! and am aware that... UNFORTUNATELY... this is  interpreted as such by many ! and I STRONGLY object to that interpretation for I do use those capitals/color enhancements not to... scream or be arrogant as they proclaim but as, like I said, enhancements to stress content and pinpoint contents and make linkings (color). C'm on man !!! being upset by... colors !!!??? I friendlily invite you to reconsider your... perceptions of the world ! You would greatly benefit from it and be happier doing so ! With respect...

Learn to trust your feelings and sense the spirit ! NOT. the form...

I will not apologize on this one for I too, will not let anyone walk over my... humm ? my... ? my principles :) No offense ;) ! And don't worry Hydrius, I don't feel  that your intervention is unfriendly in any way !

Many thanks Hydruis for joining the discussion !

Best regards

iBenny

Edited by iBenny

On jeu. 1 juin 2017 at 3:24 AM, AdvancedSetup said:

BTW L Thank you very much AdvancedSetup !!! :D and, I reiterate : I willingly submit myself into understanding.your arguments...

Best regards

iBenny

• celee changed the title to [RESOLVED] Updating Avatar