Positive feedback on MB Premium 3.1.2.1733

Just to report that I've been running MB Premium 3.1.2.1733 for some while now on Windows 7 Home Premium x64, currently alongside Avast Free 17.4.2294 and CryptoPrevent Premium 8.0.3.9 without any observable problems anywhere. All seems to run sweetly, and MB is performing a low priority manual scan as I complete this post without too much load on my very basic laptop processor.

So thanks again to the Malwarebytes team.............

18 minutes ago, TempLost said:

Just to report that I've been running MB Premium 3.1.2.1733 for some while now on Windows 7 Home Premium x64, currently alongside Avast Free 17.4.2294 and CryptoPrevent Premium 8.0.3.9 without any observable problems anywhere. All seems to run sweetly, and MB is performing a low priority manual scan as I complete this post without too much load on my very basic laptop processor.

So thanks again to the Malwarebytes team.............

Out of curiosity, did you get any significant detection from MBAM , before Avast?

33 minutes ago, lock said:

Out of curiosity, did you get any significant detection from MBAM , before Avast?

I used Avast before Malwarebytes 3 - if you mean, has Malwarebytes ever detected any significant threat while I've been running it, then no - and I wouldn't expect it to, because I don't go to dodgy sites, don't use file sharing software, take great care handling emails and avoid social media like the plague. I think I've only had a few minor pups and a couple of irritating viruses from the early days, when CDs were attached to the fronts of computer magazines, in all the time that I've been using computers, since my first, a ZX81. But I've got plenty of friends out of the mire by detecting and removing malware with Malwarebytes.

So my security software programs have never really had to prove themselves - but I'm confident that I've made good choices of software that will probably save my bacon if I do something stupid. But I also run a paid for backup solution, Casper, which I have used for many years and in which I have every confidence - so I should be able to recover from most disasters.

Edited by TempLost
Added content

1 hour ago, TempLost said:

So my security software programs have never really had to prove themselves - but I'm confident that I've made good choices of software that will probably save my bacon if I do something stupid. But I also run a paid for backup solution, Casper, which I have used for many years and in which I have every confidence - so I should be able to recover from most disasters.

Backup solutions are the most important layer of computer security in todays computing world. I also keep Image backups of my systems and preach that to my clients as well.

3 minutes ago, lock said:

Your confidence is based on what?

MBAM has never been tested by a third party organization.

I think that's an incorrect statement but I'm not going to debate it with you. I've enough empirical evidence to be satisfied that Malwarebytes is a valuable security tool and I've read enough published "independent" test results and analyses over the years to come to the conclusion that most of them do not reflect what happens in the real world. It's like scholastic tests - I've worked with plenty of people who could pass exams but didn't perform well when coming up against real-life tasks.

Goodbye, good luck, have a happy life................