taskeng.exe pupup windows - Need help!!

Alex - I too am seeing taskeng.exe MS dos-looking windows pop up every couple hours. I have never seen these before today. I checked the applications listed in the Task Scheduler and do not see anything suspicious. Do your comments above mean that I should ignore taskeng.exe if it continues to pop up in the future? If I understand correctly, this application is a legitimate system file.

I am wondering what in my system's behavior could have changed and caused this window to start appearing.

Admin Edit: Split from the following existing topic: 

Edited by AlexSmith
Split in to a dedicated topic

I have split your conversation in to it's own topic.

My comments in that thread do not mean to ignore taskeng.exe, but rather to not delete that specific file itself since it's a legitimate core component of Windows. Something malicious or non-malicious may be using the Windows Task Scheduler to execute some sort of delayed or automated process.

If you need a second set of eyes on things, I recommend posting up some more technical details and logs so a community expert can provide some additional guidance for your specific issue.