Why doesn't 3.1.2.7133 even run?

I can't even get 3.1.2.7133 to run. I get a "Unable to Start" box, with a message inside that says "Unable to connect the Service." 

At least 3.0.6.1469 ran, even if it never could keep all of the protections up and running at the same time. 

Then I "upgraded" - so any ideas on how to fix 3.1.2.7133 ?

Windows 7 Pro - 64 bit
8GB RAM
Acres of HDD
6 core AMD processor - (Phenom II X6 1090T)

Hello @billbled and :welcome:

The Malwarebytes' developers/staffers/helpers must have good log data for a quality fault analysis to commence.

1) From the locked/pinned topics, at the beginning of this sub-forum, please follow the steps within the topic at Having problems using Malwarebytes? Please follow these steps

2) In the next reply to your topic, please only attach the three (3) separate files that are developed above: mb-check-results.zip, FRST.txt, and Addition.txt.

Thank you.

Hello @billbled

Can you please try the following steps:

Please try the steps below

1. Press Windows Key + R to bring up the run dialog
  2. In the dialog window, type certmgr.msc and click Ok
  3. In the window that comes up, on the left side, double click Untrusted Certificates so you can see the folders beneath it
  4. If a Certificate folder exists, click it
  5. Delete any certificates on the right side of the window that have Malwarebytes in the name
  6. Reboot and attempt a reinstall

Let us know if that worked.Thank you

According to that log, all of your Real Time Protection modules are turned on. Are you still seeing that error message? If so, can you look at your main MB3 dashboard (the main window that comes up when you open MB3) and on the upper right hand side, see if any of the modules are turned off?

Thanks! Can you please follow the instructions below and see if this resolves your issue:

1. Press Windows Key + R to bring up the run dialog
  2. In the dialog window, type certmgr.msc and click Ok
  3. In the window that comes up, on the left side, double click Untrusted Certificates so you can see the folders beneath it
  4. If a Certificate folder exists, click it
  5. Delete any certificates in this folder that have the name Malwarebytes in it
  6. Reboot

Done - but there were no untrusted certificates that had the name Malwarebytes in them. BTW - I started up my computer today and Malwarebytes is currently running and saying all is good. But I have no faith that this is fixed or that "All is good" will last. 

I will let you know. I know I will see issues in the future. I've seen this before. The product still has bugs in it and is not reliable. Just because it is running right now doesn't mean much. It's only a matter of time before one of the protections switches off and I get a warning. 

Edited by billbled

1 minute ago, billbled said:

I will let you know. I know I will see issues in the future. I've seen this before. The product still has bugs in it and is not reliable. Just because it is running right now doesn't mean much. It's only a matter of time before one of the protections switches off and I get a warning. 

Like he said let us know if you have any other problems.

Thanks Porthos,
I have done the exclusions, BUT I could not select the individual drivers. I'm on Win 7 Pro 64bit using Avast Internet Security17.4.2294 build 17.4.3482.0. I did exclude the 2 main Malwarebytes folders shown, but couldn't get to the individual drivers in drivers folder in System32. I'll restart the computer and see if the exclusions I did make made a difference. If you have any idea on how to add exclusions for the individual drivers I'll be happy to try. (This is my own personal computer and I have administrative rights.)

It was a "clue". But I do not see where I have access to the individual driver files that you show in your example. I've attached a JPG of what I see. Only 3 folders, and they don't have the files you reference in them. 

Also, no, I cannot start web protection from the MB interface. It says "starting" when it's off and I click on it, and then it just sits there forever "starting" but never actually starts. 

drivers.jpg

Thanks for the efforts, and understood on the holiday weekend. But if nobody looks at this until next week I really don't care. It's been broken for so long a few more days don't matter. If someone from staff could look at it sometime next week that's fine. 

Have a good rest of the weekend. 
-Bill