Jump to content

svchost.exe outbound connection blocked

Recommended Posts

I downloaded and ran malwarebytes today. The first scan I ran came back with three hits, 2 were 'potentially harmful files' and 1 patch for a software I use was identified as malware. I then ran the scan again after quarantining these 3 files. The results came clean (rootkit search on). However, since the time I ran MB the first time, a small popup keeps coming up which says that it has stopped a malicious website. The IP address keeps changing between 2 IP addresses which I've tracked to the UK. The process associated is svchost.exe. It is an outbound connection. I've also noticed that my Chrome stops working when I'm running MB and starts running as soon as I stop it. Any help/analysis would be much appreciated. Thanks.

Link to post
Share on other sites

  • 2 months later...
  • Root Admin

We're sorry. It looks like your topic was somehow overlooked. Due to the length of time we'll go ahead and close this topic now but if you still actually need help please send a private message to one of the Moderators and we'll assist you.Thank you and sorry we missed your topic.

Link to post
Share on other sites

This topic is now closed to further replies.
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
Back to top
  • Create New...

Important Information

This site uses cookies - We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.