Product/marketing question re: Anti-Exploit

I recently received an annual renewal notice for Malwarebytes Anti-Exploit from Cleverbridge. I was under the impression that with the update of Malwarebytes to 3.0, that the Anti-Exploit product was incorporated into MBAM and, if I recall correctly, MBAE was automatically removed as part of the install of MBAM 3.0. If this is so, why would I want to continue to pay for the MBAE product?

I posed this question via the online contact form and got a reply from "Malwarebytes Customer Success" (what a misnomer that is!) that tells all about Cleverbridge but doesn't answer my question. I replied: "
I think you missed the point of my message. Why should I renew MBAE if its features are already incorporated in MBAM 3?"

The response I received today appears to be a canned response requesting that I download mb-check and FRST and send the reports back to MB. I replied saying:

"Why on Earth should I download two pieces of software and provide you with all of the diagnostic info when I asked a marketing/product question and am not asking for help with a technical issue? 

PLEASE READ AND RESPOND TO MY ORIGINAL POST..."

I have had a Lifetime License to MBAM Pro since 11/12/2013. What does it to get the attention of a real, thinking human being to provide an appropriate answer to a simple question???

3 hours ago, MitchHellman said:

Why should I renew MBAE if its features are already incorporated in MBAM 3?

The answer is you don't need to renew if you have a subscription to MB premium unless you have another computer you need a license for. MBAE keys are good fo MB 3.0. 

Mitch,

You bring up an interesting problem though.  I will forward this thread to the Support manager, because if you have MB3, Cleverbridge needs to be in sync with what we do.  Otherwise, they are not doing Malwarebytes or the customers a proper service.  Thanks for that!

Gonzo, thanks for your reply and for forwarding this thread. I'd appreciate it if you could also mention to the Support manager that my issue was handled poorly by Malwarebytes Customer Success. I can understand that reading and responding to customer messages can be a tedious task, but it is still very important that these customer messages be read carefully and that responses should be relevant; I have no problem with receiving a canned response as long as it addresses the issue at hand, but the responses I received weren't even close. If these responses are being handled by some sort of AI, then some fine tuning is needed in the algorithms; if actual humans are responding, they need to know that sending out any old irrelevant reply just to clear out the inbox is not the way the job should be done.

• Administrators

Hi @MitchHellman, I'm sorry that you had a less than satisfactory experience with our Support team.

You are correct that Malwarebytes 3 integrates MBAE so now you do not need a standalone MBAE version. The yearly license that you paid for MBAE, however, does not go away. Like Porthos mentioned above, your MBAE license can be used as a second Malwarebytes 3 yearly license and you are grandfathered in at the MBAE price if you continue your subscription.

More info can be found in our FAQ at here:

On 12/6/2016 at 8:11 AM, pbust said:

What will happen if I have both Malwarebytes Anti-Malware Premium and Malwarebytes Anti-Exploit Premium subscriptions?
If you have both Malwarebytes Anti-Malware and Malwarebytes Anti-Exploit, you will now have 2 Malwarebytes 3.0 subscriptions. If you don’t want the extra subscription, you can give it away to friends or family, or choose not to renew when you subscription term is up.

If you would like a refund on your auto-renewed MBAE license, please contact our eCommerce Partner, Cleverbridge, at http://www.cleverbridge.com/?scope=cuseco&progress=customersupport= and they can assist you with a refund or subscription cancellation.

Thanks,
Cecile