C:\Program Files (x86)\Amazon\Amazon Assisstant\aa.hta

Recently my Chrome has been acting odd. It will freeze and stop responding occasionally and I will have to use the Task Manager to close it. After that, Chrome will not open, and I would be forced to restart my computer if I wanted to reopen Chrome. I was mostly fine with that but then the other day a completely blank tab kept opening titled C:\Program Files (x86)\Amazon\Amazon Assisstant\aa.hta  the tab will open every few seconds, regardless if it is already open. I downloaded and ran Malwarebytes, and Malwarebytes detected around 50 objects, which I quarantined and then deleted. However, the issue with the C:\Program Files (x86)\Amazon\Amazon Assisstant\aa.hta  remained. I ran Malwarebytes again and Malwarebytes told me I have no viruses. Does somebody know what I should do here?

• 2 months later...
  • Root Admin

We're sorry. It looks like your topic was somehow overlooked. Due to the length of time we'll go ahead and close this topic now but if you still actually need help please send a private message to one of the Moderators and we'll assist you.Thank you and sorry we missed your topic.