Being using Malwarebytes Premium for 2 months without issues. All of the sudden the Web Protection stop working and turned itself off for no reason.

Web protection is off. This despite having latest version 3.1.2 installed and purchased the one year premium option. I uninstalled the program and reinstalled it in hope of getting it the Web Protection to work again. After fresh installation the program reactivated Web Protection ON, only to turn it off after 5 min of use.

This is very odd behaviour by the program as all Real Time Protection settings is on except for Web Protection. How is it possible that one option in the Real Time Protection is not working but the rest is.

After fresh and latest instalment the program keeps saying that Malwarebytes requires a update “after trying to force to turn on the web protection” yet it states clearly in the program that current version is updated.

I tried run a scan “Threat Scan”, “Custom Scan” and “Hyper Scan” it starts the scan and stops working after 30 sec.

I would like some assistance please and help to solve this problem.

Edited by BatSithCrazy

I am having the same problem. I just updated the new Windows 10 update which is supposed to be for its own web protection. I believe it was shut off by this.

I tried enabling the early web module. Then I disenabled it and did a complete shutdown and reboot. Did not work. Then I uninstalled and reinstalled the latest version. No dice. I uess it is a new problem they have to work on. I sent the issue to support just a few minutes ago.

Hi:

I had this same problem this morning when started computer. Did some research and this is what I have found works.

1) Go  to scan schedule and change the date to 5/19/17. Mine said 5/20/17 so I changed it and it did the scan for me.

2) To enable Website protection again.

1)Under settings -Protection. go to :

2) Turn on "Enable Self-protection" module early start", turn on.

3) Reboot computer. Website Protection should be on. I then ran online/offline scan and came up clean.

Not sure but could be issue with the program.

Hope this helps as I am an amateur.

2 hours ago, BatSithCrazy said:

Any offical news if they are working on this or that they are aware of the situation ?

To get things working normally again simply open Malwarebytes and click on "Current" next to where it says Updates in the Dashboard and it should download and install working databases.  If it is able to successfully update but protection still is not working, then please try right-clicking the Malwarebytes tray icon next to your system clock and select Quit Malwarebytes and then open Malwarebytes once again from your START>Programs menu or from the shortcut located on your Desktop.

If the issue persists, then please try restarting your PC.

If you have any further issues, please create a new topic and one of our team members will assist you.

Thank you again for all your patience, we really appreciate it and thank you for using Malwarebytes.

12 minutes ago, Julie101 said:

Hi:

I had this same problem this morning when started computer. Did some research and this is what I have found works.

1) Go  to scan schedule and change the date to 5/19/17. Mine said 5/20/17 so I changed it and it did the scan for me.

2) To enable Website protection again.

1)Under settings -Protection. go to :

2) Turn on "Enable Self-protection" module early start", turn on.

3) Reboot computer. Website Protection should be on. I then ran online/offline scan and came up clean.

Not sure but could be issue with the program.

Hope this helps as I am an amateur.

To get things working normally again simply open Malwarebytes and click on "Current" next to where it says Updates in the Dashboard and it should download and install working databases.  If it is able to successfully update but protection still is not working, then please try right-clicking the Malwarebytes tray icon next to your system clock and select Quit Malwarebytes and then open Malwarebytes once again from your START>Programs menu or from the shortcut located on your Desktop.

If the issue persists, then please try restarting your PC.

If you have any further issues, please create a new topic and one of our team members will assist you.

Thank you again for all your patience, we really appreciate it and thank you for using Malwarebytes.