Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

8 minutes ago, Sitedrifter said:

Same problem!

Version Information

Malwarebytes version: 3.0.6.1469
Component package version: 1.0.103
Update package version: 1.0.1974

FWIW. I'm exactly at the same version information and have the same disabled web protection issue.
3.0 had been so stable too.

:(

I recently had to install Malwarebytes 3.1.2 Premium on another laptop as the hard drive died on my current one.   Installed fine and working but today I it is saying  "Not fully Protected - turn on all Real-Time Protection layers".    Everything is turned on, have restarted laptop, but nothing in Malwarebytes has changed.   Seems lots of other people suffering as well.   Anyone found a solution or is Malwarebytes investigating?

Same problem, I re-installed the latest version and it worked ok for 10 mins and then Web Protection shut down. Guess I will not do any surfing until the problem gets rectified. I would have thought that they have someone around 24/7 for maint, guess times are tough these days.

I downloaded Malwarebytes 3 this morning, paid for Premium, and the result is ...nothing.

As stated earlier, it checks for updates and then shuts down. This check may last anything from 1 second to 8 seconds (multiple attempts to get it going even with web protection off). Web protection is off, initial attempts to turn it on failed as it immediately turned off. It now just says 'Starting..' but on a reboot, it is off.

I have reduced the scan area to just the C: drive but this has no effect so the fault lies at the transition from scanning the web for an update to the start of the scan proper, I'm guessing.

I run Windows 10, completely up to date, and Kaspersky Internet Security. Other users have no problems with this combination but perhaps it's the recent Windows 10 update that is at fault?

I wanted to be sure that my system was clear of malware and premium seemed the answer!

Peter

I seem to have "solved" this by reinstalling two times(rebooting Windows afterwards both times). First time reinstalling I got the "unable to connect to service". I then reinstalled again and MB worked again. Don not uninstall, just install the latest version. If it doesn't work try rebooting and running the installer again.

I was having the same problem and running the installer again while i already had the program installed seems to have fixed it!
I was so worried, web protection wasn't turning on & my scans were being cancelled straight away, i'm sure this is a bug as a-lot of people are having this issue atm.
It's now saying that my version isn't up to date even when i check for updates.....

Since I can't edit my earlier post (another stupid forum flaw) I'll correct my earlier findings.

I did a system restore and blocked all web traffic.  3.1.2 is working fine now if I don't allow it to connect.  As soon as it "checks for updates", web protection fails permanently.  If I reinstall, I find scans no longer work either.  There is ZERO excuse for this kind of behavior, everything has been shoddy since 3.0 and I'm just about done with this company.

• celee locked this topic