Protection keeps turning off... V3.1.2

10 minutes ago, Nastajia said:

I have always had a layered approach, Avast Premier & MalwareBytes Premium, I have just set all my avast settings to the most aggressive.

I will never rely on 1 product ever.

I like the free herdProtect. An online cloud scanner using 68 scan engines! Just to double check.

Besides that Emsisoft Anti-Malware is an excellent extra protection. Found it really cheap on eBay, a 3 year license key, but legitimate. (I checked with Emsisoft's helpdesk.) Runs well next to MBAM.

Edited by LodeHere

• Replies 703
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

same problem here, all of a suddent web protection turned off, and i cannot run scan now, it always cancells itself after checking updates. 
i tried reinstall countless of times, also used tools, etc, i have premium, please fix it asap, cuz all was working fine for weeks since i installed latest version 3.1 mb.

1 minute ago, gonzo said:

I have one PC with package 1973 and another with 1974.  Both experiencing same problem.  I just fired off email to director and supervisor of QA.  Its 3:30am here, so I don't expect a fast reply.  Other offices may be able to jump in.  Please be patient.

Yeah, it's 3:30AM here too across town ... because programmers.

I just bought a 2 year sub and decided to add my voice to this forum. I'm using 3.1.2 and latest Windows 10 updates.  I've tried a few fixes suggested back in February for the same problem in a previous build, but that didn't work.  Fantastic. 

No scans are currently working (tried Threat, Custom, and Hyper), and real time web protection won't turn on. 

No updates available...  This is less than ideal.

Just now, Memories4Life said:

Scan are not working either.  How it is even possible for Malwarebytes systems to go down and leave users PC's exposed.  This is very worring. So if one want to infect 1000's of PC's take out malwarebytes servers first.  VERY WORRING.

The issue is with the update file, not their servers. Their update files seem proprietary, so I am not sure how to read them. Inside is a file called [0] that might be a compressed archive, but i am not 100% sure. I am betting it's just a typo somewhere or a missing line of data that's missing that they can find and fix fairly quickly.

Just now, EliteGeeks said:

Spybot Search and Destroy has been irrelevant since 2009

well that was about when I stopped using it in favor of mbam premium I just looked at there site.... despite that they used to have stated in their software that it would always be free, I see that that is no longer the case, and that they have bundled it with other stuff now (AV, etc)

8 minutes ago, BStudentCFA said:

Can anyone recommend an alternative product?

Kaspersky Internet Security works for me. Just about any big name anti-virus works wonders over MWB. They just about all have malware protection nowadays.

I've been dumping MWB on all my PC's as the licenses expire. This has been going on since December, yet they continue to sell the 3.0 product, and take hard earned money from unsuspecting customers. I've been tagged as a trouble maker every time I posted questions to the staff as to their claims about the "no need for anti-virus". They kept telling me that this is an extremely isolated issue and millions of users are not having problems. Then they would close the post.

This used to be a good product until they became commercial and the money went to their heads and they felt they were smarter than the average user and belittle them.

Same problem here on my mom laptop and my pc something layers protection i can pres it infinite amound of times also web protection is off now to.

And when i reboot pc, protection against mallware is off to i need to manuel enable it, but web proction wont come on now this is very strange.

Edited by D4rKy

1 minute ago, djzeratul said:

The issue is with the update file, not their servers. Their update files seem proprietary, so I am not sure how to read them. Inside is a file called [0] that might be a compressed archive, but i am not 100% sure. I am betting it's just a typo somewhere or a missing line of data that's missing that they can find and fix fairly quickly.

No one knows what the problem is yet

Patience is the key here folks..Not easy to decipher problems and code the update  instantly. Ive been with Malwarebytes for years and have several lifetime license's..I believe in the product. As with any product, they evolve. Things happen, so a layered protection scheme is the best.

2 minutes ago, djzeratul said:

Makes sense.

• bdubrow locked and pinned this topic
  • bdubrow unpinned this topic