• Replies 703
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Just now, Patham said:

I'm about half way through my 14 day premium free trial. My upgrade option has been disabled :)

Hi Padnum.  First, please be aware that it's all of the premium accounts (paid or trial).  They are experiencing an issue and hopefully it will be fixed soon.  You could ask them to extend your free trial due to this once it's fixed (they may or may not agree).  Their tech support should be safe but it's pointless to have someone take over your PC at the moment.  Maybe you contacted them before the issue was known to be wide-spread.  I doubt that they are offering to remotely help people now and are likely asking people to just buckle up and to wait for a fix.  Are you experiencing any other issues/concerns other than this?  This does not mean anything bad btw.  It's just a glitch in the program.  It is a great program but it happens every so often.

I have to add my own misgivings about MWB.

I am currently experiencing the same problems with disabled Web and/or Malware protection with version 3.1.2 running on two pcs.  A laptop running version 3.0.6 seems OK, although I was advised to upgrade to 3.1.2.1733 after various problems with the premium licence several weeks ago.

I do not think this application is stable enough to present a serious solution to users security concerns.  I run MS Windows defender and Security Essentials, they never seem to suffer from these issues.

8 minutes ago, pamdun said:

I called the number provided on the web for tech support and told the "tech"  my problem (malewarebytes will not start) and he said he would enter my computer remotely.  i did not feel comfortable with that and just hung up. He called me back and  I told him I didn't feel  comfortable .with his suggestions and heno

malwarebytes does not provide phone support for their software. it says so on their support page. who ever you called was definitely not affiliated with MBAM.

If you need help with our Business product please click here.

Support Hours:
US - 6:00 AM to 5:00 PM Pacific (GMT-7), Monday - Friday
EMEA - 9:00 AM to 7:00 PM (GMT +1), Monday - Friday

We translate non-English requests to the best of our ability. We are unable to provide phone support at this time.

Edited by cybot

I have one pc which is working properly with MBAM 3.1.2.  Unfortunately, the other has the problem that it will not enable web protection or scan.  I have just switched over to HitmanPro Alert, am running Windows Defender and turned off MBAM.  Hopefully it will be fixed SOON!

TEMPORARY FIX UNTIL YOU SEE AN UPDATE HERE

AS FOLLOWS:

dl latest MBAM https://de.malwarebytes.com/mwb-download/thankyou/

optionally these definitions (mbam-rules.exe from the archive is for mbam3 / mbam2-rules.exe is for mbam2) from one day later than the latest MBAM download: https://data-cdn.mbamupdates.com/v1/tools/mbam-rules/data/mbam-r 

cut internet

install

go to: Settings > And turn off automatic updates in the leftwise settings tab

reconnect to internet and check official post linked above.

You will have a working MBAM 3.0 from May 10th/11th 2017. When they have fixed it you can just turn auto updates on again

2 minutes ago, cybot said:

malwarebytes does not provide phone support for their software. it says so on their support page. who ever you called was definitely not affiliated with MBAM.

Yeah that sounds like one of those tech support scammer companies that RD into your box and "prove" you have some kind of infection then try to sell you a year of protection for $300 and then steal your credit card number.

Edited by djzeratul

7 minutes ago, ParrotSlave said:

Me three. I came here and looked around and began to wonder if MBAM's server had been hacked: one cannot help but wonder, since the forum here was hacked a year or two ago, according to haveibeenpwned. Is it possible that there's an exploit in the program itself? I decided to see if killing MBAM in task manager, then restarting it, would help, but every time I clicked on an MBAM task, the CPU activity went up, eventually to 100%. I finally had to do a hard shutdown, and the first thing I did upon rebooting was to use Revo to remove all of MBAM. I think I'll reinstall MBAM-2.2.1.1043

Hi ParrotSteve

I just checked haveibeenpwned with the email address associated with my malwarebytes premium and there is no issue there.  Do you have an antivirus?  Run a scan.  If you're not satisfied, check online.  You can do a free scan from a reputable antivirus like kaspersky or Bitdefender or microtend, etc...

Hi BernardL,
exile360 has posted a comment on a topic, Database update causing protection and scans to fail

exile360 said:

I was just informed that the source of the problem has been found and it should be fixed soon.  Our team is working on it right now and I will let you know as soon as the fix is live and what you need to do once it is.

I also found out more about the issue itself and specifically that it only affects 64-bit versions of Windows.

Go to this post

Update in main sticky post:

I was just informed that the source of the problem has been found and it should be fixed soon.  Our team is working on it right now and I will let you know as soon as the fix is live and what you need to do once it is.

I also found out more about the issue itself and specifically that it only affects 64-bit versions of Windows.

Edited by RagingRaven

1 minute ago, djzeratul said:

Literally all it does is check to see if processes are applying encryption to files... lol. So why would it be broken by a definitions issue?

because Humans write code - (mostly)... and machines interpret it... Machines don't conform to people's logic based assumptions.

Ok  - what if this problem has broken MBAMS ability to determine who should NOT be encrypting files ? . Encryption protection would work

- just not effectively ... just a thought...

3 minutes ago, Plo83 said:

Hi Padnum.  First, please be aware that it's all of the premium accounts (paid or trial).  They are experiencing an issue and hopefully it will be fixed soon.  You could ask them to extend your free trial due to this once it's fixed (they may or may not agree).  Their tech support should be safe but it's pointless to have someone take over your PC at the moment.  Maybe you contacted them before the issue was known to be wide-spread.  I doubt that they are offering to remotely help people now and are likely asking people to just buckle up and to wait for a fix.  Are you experiencing any other issues/concerns other than this?  This does not mean anything bad btw.  It's just a glitch in the program.  It is a great program but it happens every so often.

Hello Flo38. Upgrade option has been disabled by user. :)

Just now, Skwarkman said:

because Humans write code - (mostly)... and machines interpret it... Machines don't conform to people's logic based assumptions.

Ok  - what if this problem has broken MBAMS ability to determine who should NOT be encrypting files ? . Encryption protection would work

- just not effectively ... just a thought...

Check my post earlier, someone at MBAM confirmed to BernardL that anti-expoit and anti-ransomware still works.

6 minutes ago, djzeratul said:

Yeah that sounds like one of those tech support scammer companies that "prove" you have some kind of infection then try to sell you a year of protection for $300 and then steal your credit card number.

I have seen cases where if you let them into your pc, and do not purchase their "services" (and I use that term loosely) they go in and change the windows password, locking you out of the system.

Edited by cybot

I've just checked for updates

An update was downloaded and installed.  Everything is showing enabled and I can now scan OK.

Edit versions I now have

Malwarebytes version: 3.0.6.1469

Component package version: 1.0.1.103

Update package version: 1.0.1976  (was previously 1.0.1974).

Edited by Vip

• bdubrow locked and pinned this topic
  • bdubrow unpinned this topic