Protection keeps turning off... V3.1.2

• Replies 703
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Everyone it seems like the problem is being caused by a a new update package which was recently released.

They went from 1.0.1931 to 1.0.1937 which seems to have broken both Web Protection and Malware Protection. This has made Web Protection and Malware Protection to be forced off and if you are able to turn them on, they do not work.

If you try any type of scan it'll finish within 1-15 seconds and if you try to connect to http://iptest.malwarebytes.org/ it will say IP protection is disabled.

We just have to wait for a new Update Package or the new one to be reverted back to the working one.

Edited by KidwithSmurf

I didnt read all posts, but after having the same issue i followed the usual steps from support etc. MB updated to 3.1.2 real trime protection ON immediately after start up, but when it updates the database thats when real time protection goes off and cant turn it back on

2 minutes ago, RICK-T-FIED said:

Web Protection stuck on 'STARTING' and will not engage (see screen grab).

Scans end after just a few seconds and without any items checked (see screen grab).

The first scan even gave me a 'scan complete - no threats found' message.

I reinstalled from scratch and had the same exact issues as before reinstalling

Using version 3.12

mwb2prepro.png

MWB1prepro.png

Exactly the same here

Yep, broken here too. This began for me a couple days ago with malware protection getting stuck off,, but reinstalling fixed it for a few days... now, web protection is not turning on even after a reinstall.

The list keeps growing... somethings broken.

mb-check-results.zipthis just started happening to me as well... I reinstalled MBAM again, and it was ok for about 5 minutes then the protection turned off again. I looked in the MBAM logs and found this entry in the mbamservice.log file

05/19/17 " 02:44:10.820" 279564718 68a0 4094 WARNING MBAMCoreDynamicLibrary MBAMCoreDynamicLibrary::ClassifyObject "MBAMCoreDynamicLibrary.cpp" 108 "Cannot classify object. MBAMCore is not loaded."

that entry was repeated many times. also I noticed in the log for the updater for mbam, dbupdate.log, it is failing to get updates properly:

2017-05-19T09:59:54Z
=====================================
* * * * * * Enter DoFullUpdate - dual mode: No
Loading shims.
Calling PrepareUpdate.
Backing up files to LKG dir.
Copying new DB files.
Copying new DLL files.
Calling FinishUpdate.
Error: MBAMShim FinishUpdate failed
Unloading Actions shim.
Unloading CLS Engine shim.
Successfully finished updates.

Are any of you guys seeing seeing these entries as well?

logs.zip

3 minutes ago, KidwithSmurf said:

Everyone it seems like the problem is being caused by a a new update package which was recently released.

They went from 1.0.1931 to 1.0.1937 which seems to have broken both Web Protection and Malware Protection. This has made Web Protection and Malware Protection to be forced off and if you are able to turn them on, they do not work.

If you try any type of scan it'll finish within 1-15 seconds and if you try to connect to http://iptest.malwarebytes.org/ it will say IP protection is disabled.

We just have to wait for a new Update Package or the new one to be reverted back to the working one.

Kudos to you for posting this.

how many  " Same Here " and  " Me Too " then the testers, like they are going to do any good when we know what the issue is, nothing you guys are going to do will help so sit back and relax.

Just need to wait for MWB to bury this patch and give us a new one.

89b3447857438b807f1d0688475720a2.jpg

1 minute ago, DEANJA0 said:

Same issue here, and had it for some time now. BUT, why aren't we getting any formal response from Malwarebytes. Pay good money for an annual premium subscription. I think we deserve better.

Well it only started (as a widespread problem) about 30-60 minutes ago... I'm sure they're checking what's happened but give them a chance lol!

1 minute ago, DEANJA0 said:

Same issue here, and had it for some time now. BUT, why aren't we getting any formal response from Malwarebytes. Pay good money for an annual premium subscription. I think we deserve better.

I mean, give them some time to respond... this thread was created an hour ago, and it's like 3AM PDT (They are in Santa Clara)

Exactly the same here. Strangely only since about 20 mins ago - no problem before. No manual update of anything. Just out of the blue. VERY annoying, as I need to use internet all day and don't wanna do this w/o protection. There was a reason why I bought and paid for MWB Premium.

Had the same problem was about to post about it as well. I did all the step's in the link when found about it before
Uninstalled the program restarted, Reinstalled the program, reactivated restarted
Nothing
Did the enable self protection module restarted, now I cant enable it and protection is still stuck on starting

did this 2x before I came here and saw this very random