No Poblems, go for it.

I wasn't sure I'm not the only one.

For a while I kept looking at the problems posted here and thinking "Not yet".

But I know that those with no problems don't need to post and so it can look skewed.
Still it made me wary of upgrading.

Yesterday I went for it and installed MB-3 14 day trial.

First impressions-
I am impressed at the speed of a scan (4x over MBAM v2 seems about right - this mainly seems to be the heuristics).
The 'real time' modules seemed to very slightly slow things down at first, particularly programme and webpage launches.
This was noticable at first but is not noticable one day on - could be my personal perceptions or MB3 no longer needing to access the system?

I still have the installers if I want to roll back to old versions, but now it's settled down I would say give it a try.

It's up to you but I think that it's now time to take a look.

PS.
Windows 10 (64 bit), 1703, build 15063.296 (Latest Creators, not insider).
Malwarwbytes v. 3.1.2.17333

I have had no problems until some minor ones with 3 that seem to have been fixed. While I have lifetime licenses, I was shocked with the 39.95 price

for one year. My laptop is on another yearly plan and I will be looking for a less expensive option.

I had myriads of problems with 3.0 when it first came out and posted about them.  I re-installed 2.0 and kept an eye on the forums but things didn't look encouraging.  I  tried a few of the updates but the problems persisted.  Last week people started posting positive results with the latest update so I tried again.  I am extremely happy to say that everything seems to be running smoothly and I've not encountered any problems.  Hooray!!!  I've still got 2.0 just in case but hopefully I won't be needing it.  Thanks so much!

2.0 also had many problems. I wonder why my three machines had no problems with 2.0 and minor ones with 3.0 ? Could it be bad installs, other software,

user problems. User problems are my first idea. My original thought was the manufacturer but my laptop is an HP (did not come with any garbage programs).

Such is life with Windows !!

17 hours ago, KenW said:

I have had no problems until some minor ones with 3 that seem to have been fixed. While I have lifetime licenses, I was shocked with the 39.95 price

for one year. My laptop is on another yearly plan and I will be looking for a less expensive option.

There is a way that you can still get a lifetime license, for a while at least, but I think Malwarebytes would not be too happy if I fully shared it.

It's quite legal, no piracy or hacking involved.

A member on another forum I visit worked it out and queried the legality, he then went ahead and tried it himself yesterday and now has a 'never expires' MB3 licence.

(One clue, if you have a lifetime license for MBAM2 then it stays lifetime when you upgrade to MB3)

17 hours ago, KenW said:

You are grandfathered into your old plan as long as you keep the subscription active.

25 minutes ago, nukecad said:

It's quite legal, no piracy or hacking involved.

I take great offense to this. Malwarebytes might have started in the "basement" but it is not there anymore. There are many employees working for the company and they have families and other financial responsibilities just as I presume you do.  How would you like it if you did not get your paycheck?

And YES this is piracy.

• Staff

Yes, our lifetime licenses always have been and always will be just that: lifetime.  This includes new versions of the product like Malwarebytes 3 so even our 1.x Pro lifetime license users can upgrade to 3 Premium for free and their licenses will still be for life.  You don't have to do an upgrade install either, all you have to do is install version 3 and put in your license key (or ID and Key if it's the old 1.x/early 2.x format) and it will activate Premium and say "Lifetime" and will never expire.  This will be true even on the day we release Malwarebytes 10 (or whatever it might be called by then :P ) because we believe in integrity and living up to our word, and we promised these customers protection for life, and that's what we're giving them so those licenses will never expire, however, just remember that all lifetime licenses are good for a single PC only, however you can transfer them from one PC to another when you replace your existing computer with a new one.  All you have to do is deactivate the license on the old PC first, then install the product on the new PC and activate it with your license info.

It's not cheating, it's not stealing, it's not piracy and it is most definitely not a violation of our EULA or terms of service.  It's the Malwarebytes promise that we made to honor the agreement between us and our lifetime license customers and we're happy to do it :) .

Edited by exile360

19 minutes ago, exile360 said:

It's not cheating, it's not stealing, it's not piracy and it is most definitely not a violation of our EULA or terms of service.  It's the Malwarebytes promise that we made to honor the agreement between us and our lifetime license customers and we're happy to do it :) .

Of course, one that was obtained legally. He is hinting at something else. There tons of posts all over places that instruct you to install version 2 and patch it and then got to 3 and voila lifetime license. 

Edited by Porthos

• Staff
13 minutes ago, Porthos said:

Of course, one that was obtained legally. He is hinting at something else. There tons of posts all over places that instruct you to install version 2 and patch it and then got to 3 and voila lifetime license. 

Without any license at all, or with a pirated key, or with something else like a crack?

• Staff

Thank you @nukecad for bringing this to our attention.  The issue being referenced had nothing to do with end user piracy, it was a simple misunderstanding and the issue at hand is being looked into.

I am now closing this thread as it has run its course on that subject.  If anyone needs any further assistance or has any additional questions, please create a new topic and we will be more than happy to assist.

Thank you

Edited by exile360