Another of those "Requested Resource in Use" viruses

There's one thing I would like you to try though.

Right-click on the Start Menu and select Run as Administrator. From there, select Command Prompt (Administrator) to open the command prompt with Admin Rights. Once done, enter the following command:

C:\Users\fourt\Downloads\mb3-setup-consumer-3.1.2.1733.exe

This is assuming the Malwarebytes installer is still located in your Downloads folder. If it isn't, please download it again. Does the installer launch correctly?

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was kind of expecting this. When the other users manage to run the setup (by disabling SmartScreen) they get that error message as well.

However... this should allow us to run JRT and AdwCleaner. Download JRT from the link below, and make sure it is in your Downloads folder.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/download/junkware-removal-tool/dl/131/

Then, open the command prompt with Admin Rights again, and enter this command:

C:\Users\fourt\Downloads\JRT.exe

Does JRT launch properly?

Good. Now let's check something. Follow the instructions below.

Download Sigcheck from https://live.sysinternals.com/sigcheck.exe

Make sure it is in your Downloads folder, alongside the Malwarebytes installer from before

Open a command prompt with Admin Rights

Enter the following commands:

C:\Users\fourt\Downloads
sigcheck * > signatures.txt

You'll be prompted to accept the EULA.

Once Sigcheck.exe is done running, attach the signatures.txt file it generated in your next reply.

Ah sorry, I messed up the first command. Follow the instructions again, but this time, use these commands:

cd C:\Users\fourt\Downloads
sigcheck * > signatures.txt

After that, the signatures.txt file should be located in your Downloads folder. Attach it please.

Ha, that was exactly what I was looking for! Alright, let's try this.

Press on the Win + R keys, type in mmc.exe and press on Enter.
In the Console, click on the File menu, followed by Add/Remove Snap-in....
In the left list, select Certificates and click on Add to add it to the other side.
In the prompt, select My user account and click on Finish, then on Ok.
Browse under the Certificates - Current User till you reach Untrusted Certificates and click on it.
Take a screenshot of it, and post it here. Then, click on Certificate Trust List right under it, take a screenshot and post it here as well.

Ex:

IESgiou.png