malwarebytes v3 mbamservice.exe crashing bug ?

no clue why the mbamservice.exe is crashing almost all the time /I think this is a bug and should be fix in next update . anyway I was able to send a bug report to Microsoft when the crash was happen .

This crash occurred when I closed the program via system tray icon .... so hope this info will help you to find something to fix it for the next software update

I will post more info as I can .and this post almost it will be edited .

crash info within the box

Files that help describe the problem:
  C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\WER\ReportQueue\AppCrash_mbamservice.exe_e7b87f709e2b3b262a51c75529de94a1b4a9d68b_cab_0403e965\WERDB42.tmp.appcompat.txt
  C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\WER\ReportQueue\AppCrash_mbamservice.exe_e7b87f709e2b3b262a51c75529de94a1b4a9d68b_cab_0403e965\WERDFF4.tmp.WERInternalMetadata.xml
  C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\WER\ReportQueue\AppCrash_mbamservice.exe_e7b87f709e2b3b262a51c75529de94a1b4a9d68b_cab_0403e965\WERE91A.tmp.mdmp

CpWz_3930.png

CpWz_3931.png

Edited by Gt-truth

Thanks for the report. Just to make sure we get the crash dump, can you please perform the following steps:

1. Cause the crash so you see the "Malwarebytes Service has stopped working" messagebox
  2. Open up Task Manager by right clicking your task bar and choosing Task Manager or pressing Ctrl + Shift + Esc
  3. Go to the Details tab along the top
  4. Find mbamservice.exe in the list
  5. Right click mbamservice.exe and choose Create Dump File
  6. Once done, you should see a message indicating where the dump file is located
  7. Please find the dump file, right click it and choose Send to -> Compressed (Zipped) folder
  8. Upload the resulting zip file in your response, or if it's too large, please use wetransfer.com to send the file to dcollins@malwarebytes.com

Hi @dcollins

yes it is still happening ! not only with MALWAREBYTES program .but it happening also with others software and I think I have find Possible cause which is Crystal Security mostly keeps removed the Legitimate programs /and windows OS files from the system ! this software has made a big damaging to my system which have affecting my Intel’s drivers and other stuffs .

for example blow

C:\Windows\system32\WerFault.exe

is this exe have something to do with app crashing ?

Edited by Gt-truth
typo

The next time it crashes, before clicking on or closing any of the error messages, open Task Manager, click "Show processes from all users" and right-click on "mbamservice.exe" in the list of processes in the Processes tab and select "Create dump file", then once it completes and shows the message stating where the process' memory dump can be found (usually in %temp%), go there and get the file and zip and attach it here please.

Thanks